Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So easy to take apart, so easy to put together, unless of course you forget to mark the timing (will never happen again:banghead ). Anyways, I'll just put it back like I'm putting in new cams and hopefully the timings not off, damn shame the markings on the balancer aren't clearer, I guess that'd make it too easy for the home mech :)thefinger damn Kawa techs:thefinger )... All this isn't for fun (the suns out for christsakes!!!), it's the result of an unfortunate accident/dumb mistake when I over torqued a plug and left half of it in the cylinder. But! Good will come of it in the form of a CLEAN motor and some polishing work done on the head. Heres some of the most recent pics of the top end rebuild...

SOME CLEAN VALVES...

THE OLD...

THE NEW...

AND THE BEGINNING OF THE POLISH...

...been using low-grit sandpaper to smooth all the surfaces, so far put about 1/2 hour into each port and have had little headway, I'll keep at it though!:evil

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
On the timing marks on a 97' 9r, does anyone know which ones to match up on the bottom end?! Theres 2 right next to each other!?

Here's a unmarked pic...

And the marked one...

I have a feeling no one even knows what I'm talking about, not even the local Kawa "tech" knows.

·
Registered
151 Posts
damn, no one knows, got it figured out though, bikes together, but i melted something somewhere when i put it together backwards... the battery that is, hope theres a safety fuse!!!
Repair manuals recommend you disconnect the battery to scratch your balls, I'd recommend it for anything that involves removing the engine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts