Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey, i was wondering if a 190 tire would fit on the back of the 07 zx6r. i know that it will sacrafice handling but i can get it for a really good deal. so do you think it fit? thanks

·
Banned
528 Posts
it will fit but u might run into a problem with the chain guard rubbin on the left side of the tire, plus it will slow u down in the curves and the tire is alot heavier to than the 180 series, your rear rim size is a 5.5 same as my 04, but i am runnin a 180 tho

·
Registered
264 Posts
The recommended rim width for a 190 is 6". We have a 5.5" on ours. You can still do it but if I was going to switch to a 190 I would go with the 50 series. You gain a little width but the overall diameter stays about the same, that way you don't have to worry about making your overall gear ratio any higher than it already is. Personally, I would stick with the 180 just to avoid any unforeseen issues. Here is the link to give you some idea of the differences between tires. This is for a Dunlop tire other manufactures may be slightly different. www.dunlopmotorcycle.com/tirecatalog_tire.asp?id=92

1 - 4 of 4 Posts