Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think it might be a good idea to buy a rear stand. I know that there is a broad range of options. A quick ebay search found a price range of $25-$300ish.

I believe that you get what you pay for- to a point.

What is the difference between the low and high quality? I don't race- just fiddle around in the garage. What is a reasonable price range or specific recommendation?

·
Registered
3,884 Posts
All my lifts are from ebay - $35 average or so.
I have two rear lifts, a front fork lift and a front triple tree lift.
No problems so far.

·
Administrator
58,646 Posts
ebay ones will work but might be a bit more wobbly than the higher priced ones.
Harbor freight has an inexpensive one too.
You'll need a front one too to make all jobs EZier.
T-rex is a good solid stand if you want to spend the extra money but not break the bank. About $140 for front and rear shipped and they might be giving rear spools free too.

·
Registered
4,649 Posts
I own 3 Pitbulls now, and a Black Widow triple tree stand which is pretty reasonably priced. I've also owned a Vortex in the past and I've seen some no-name stands up close.

They all get the job done. However, with the Pitbulls, they seem to hold up to elements and corrosion better. So if you have your bike on a stand at a track day and it starts to rain, your Pitbull won't rust like some of the other stands.

...at least that has been my experience. But they ALL get the job done and that is to hold your bike up.

Also, if you're going to be un-torquing some tight -ish then you want a sturdy stand so it doesn't bounce around on you.

·
VP Whoring
14,930 Posts
Cycle gear has had their brand on sale for $90 for both for a couple weeks. Ive had mine since May and havent had a problem. I think they are called Trackside.

·
Registered
877 Posts
I have front and rear Handy Industries stands and also a Pitbull rear. The Pitbull is much sturdier and stable. Also has better range of width adjustment for multiple bikes. It is also easier to lift the bike with it since the arm is longer. As said it's made of some alloy which seems to resist corrosion very well. Pitbull has a lot of positives but yes it's definitely more money.

·
Banned
3,608 Posts
I have a Lockhart Philips I got with the bike that seems to work out pretty good. Not too stable but enough to where I can jump up and down on the bike setting my suspension sag and feel stable.

·
Quinton Phuckin Tarantino
18,914 Posts
ebay ones will work but might be a bit more wobbly than the higher priced ones.
Harbor freight has an inexpensive one too.
You'll need a front one too to make all jobs EZier.
T-rex is a good solid stand if you want to spend the extra money but not break the bank. About $140 for front and rear shipped and they might be giving rear spools free too.
+1 t-rex makes a good stand . I also have a Lockhart Philips stand that I've been beating around for at least 10 years and it's held up pretty well .

1 - 8 of 8 Posts