Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
I've always used either Sato Racing or Gilles rearsets. It's not difficult at all to install them. I understand the Vortex rearsets are pretty good and much cheaper than the above two brands, but, in my opinion, Sato & Gilles are two of the top brands in quality, fit and finish. Really smoothes out the shifting.

·
Registered
444 Posts
What exactly do the aftermarket rearsets do
Rather than type it out, here's a description on a Set of Vortex ones at kneedraggers.com I copy and pasted:

Gives bikes the racing look and feel.
Improve ground clearance and enhances forward weight bias.
Design is computer-tested for strength, then CNC-machined from 7075 T-6 aluminum and given a clear anodized finish.
Rearsets can be made to use reverse shift pattern.
Available for Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki and Yamaha sportbikes.
Most Honda kits move footpegs 1" up and 1" back; Suzuki kits move footpegs 5/8" up and 5/8" back; Kawasaki and Yamaha rearset positioning depends on PART.
Rearsets do not include brake pedal spring.
Adjustable movement on most newer applications.

·
Registered
59 Posts
What exactly do the aftermarket rearsets do
Adjustable rearsets allow you to adjust the footpegs up, down, back, forward, etc. I always adjust mine as far up and back as possible. I'm more comfortable riding in a "fetal" position. Plus, they are better engineered than the OEM shifter. They really make shifting much "slicker" and you can adjust the "throw" distance.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Adjustable rearsets allow you to adjust the footpegs up, down, back, forward, etc. I always adjust mine as far up and back as possible. I'm more comfortable riding in a "fetal" position. Plus, they are better engineered than the OEM shifter. They really make shifting much "slicker" and you can adjust the "throw" distance.

ARATA ARATA ARATA

1 - 10 of 10 Posts