Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking all over the place for a rear seat cowl to put on my zx7r and haven't been having the best of luck. Does anyone know of where I can get a cowl that is made up of good quality?

I'm looking for one that attaches and detaches from the bike similar to how the rear seat does. I'm not interested in cowls that completely replace the back seat for good. Please let me know and I am willing to put some decent money up for the right one. Thanks!

· Premium Member
11,237 Posts
Yeah, those are so many different kinds of junk...

Especially for the price. For what those cost you should be getting a drop in replacement with latch hardware. Not some shitty shroud that has to be attached to the stock seat.

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Motocon: I've seen that one in my searches but it is not the quality and fitment that I'm looking for. These parts seem to be impossible to find.

Masta Squidge: That's exactly what I'm looking for. You know anyone that has one?

· Premium Member
11,237 Posts
Motocon: I've seen that one in my searches but it is not the quality and fitment that I'm looking for. These parts seem to be impossible to find.

Masta Squidge: That's exactly what I'm looking for. You know anyone that has one?
Nope. Thinking about making my own. Depends on how much motivation I get... While I enjoy and have experience (limited) with fiberglass, I do not have the facilities to make it a pleasurable venture.

IE: Too lazy.

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nope. Thinking about making my own. Depends on how much motivation I get... While I enjoy and have experience (limited) with fiberglass, I do not have the facilities to make it a pleasurable venture.

IE: Too lazy.
I hear you. Check out that link that Motocon posted below. Those are exactly what I was looking for. Maybe the will appeal to you too?

· Registered
7,375 Posts

· Premium Member
11,237 Posts
But they are still all the same thing. A weak ass piece of plastic which is way overpriced and requires you to attach it to the stock seat.

· Registered
7,375 Posts
But they are still all the same thing. A weak ass piece of plastic which is way overpriced and requires you to attach it to the stock seat.
Well as long as no one sits on it witch ur not supposed to,or take a hammer to it then it should never break.Also the bottom sides inside have tabs that fit it to the seat.So u can simply remove it if u want and mount it back on easily.Not to mention i think its a cool cowl for a 7.Kinda 10R cowl look

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

· Premium Member
11,237 Posts
Appreciate that one zx7rJoe. I have emailed them to see if they have them in stock, etc. Do you know anything about these cowls? Do they replace the rear seat and open up similar to how the seat does?
Probably not.

· Premium Member
3,527 Posts
Appreciate that one zx7rJoe. I have emailed them to see if they have them in stock, etc. Do you know anything about these cowls? Do they replace the rear seat and open up similar to how the seat does?
Have no clue. They were the company I was planning on going with when I was considering buying a cowl. I skipped that and went straight to a solo tail now so...

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Have no clue. They were the company I was planning on going with when I was considering buying a cowl. I skipped that and went straight to a solo tail now so...
I hear that....I was able to converse with them via email and apparently the cowl slips over the rear seat. I am running out of options here so may have to just go with it. Appreciate the help

· Premium Member
3,527 Posts
I hear that....I was able to converse with them via email and apparently the cowl slips over the rear seat. I am running out of options here so may have to just go with it. Appreciate the help

I'd buy it, use it over my rear seat and then pick up a spare rear seat on eBay or somewhere to accommodate the occasional passenger.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.