Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rear hub assembly 1998 zx1100 . sprocket coupling assembly floats to much in the Wheel hub. you could not even consider a sprocket run out test. you would bottom the indicator. The wheel does not float, the sprocket coupling moves inside hub. It seems The spacer in between the sprocket coupler and the wheel hub, will not let the two units come together close enough to eliminate a gap and a lot of sprocket flex. Bearings are seated to the cur clips .If assembled with out the spacer, the coupler seems to fit nice in the hub !! ..install the spacer then coupling seems to rock on spacer. either torque to 100 fb on swingarm or on my lap with no dampers. I am thinking of facing the spacer overall length.How close is the sprocket coupler housing face to the hub from factory ? Should I be tight( .010) or away? +.060 like it is.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Have you checked that the sprocket coupling bearing is okay i.e does it spin smoothly with no play?

Worth checking from the parts diagram that you have all the parts & they are in the right order, if you don't have a manual look up the parts diagram here:
buykawasaki.com
Click on Motorcycle & look up your model then select the parts diagrams & look up rear wheel.

HTH

1 - 2 of 2 Posts