Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so i ordered my cowl for my 07 and well no one told me i would need to buy something to mount in like the stock seat has....now i was lookin at the stock seat and well cant take the mounting piece off without rippin the leather off....Anywhere i can order this stuff online? the bike dealer i bought it from is 30+ min away and i hate the ride there cause of traffic =(.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
it is...they ordered it from kawi.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Did you already get the thing? Sounds like they went into the parts catalog and just ordered up the cover, not the bracketry. That's pretty damn lame, if that's what happened.

Now if you're just thinking that you didn't order the right thing, then wait till you get the cowl, because I haven't heard of anyone saying they ended up with the cowl without the bracket.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ya the girl looked it up in the parts catalog and didn't order the brackets and what not. Gonna have to call them up tomorrow and just have them order me up the brackets.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Ya the girl looked it up in the parts catalog and didn't order the brackets and what not. Gonna have to call them up tomorrow and just have them order me up the brackets.
If I were you I'd cancel the order and go get one off of EBay. Tell the parts girl :thefinger

·
Registered
144 Posts
yeah, she needed to order the seat cowl kit. she just ordered a replacement cowl piece. how much did just the cover cost you? the whole kit should be around $110 or so. I think retail from dealer is $124. I paid $99 at my dealer

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
got it for like 110. I called them and they said they have the bracket piece from the shipment still...the girl just didnt give it to me >.<. She usually works up in apparel so i can't totally blame her. Anyway got the bracket now so im good =)

·
Registered
144 Posts
well glad you made out ok. that's weird that they didn't give you the bracket. mine came all together in one box and all the others i've seen came that way. maybe they opened the box and seen everything individualy wrapped and they thought they where all part of a different order.

now get it on and take some pics

1 - 11 of 11 Posts