Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everytime I change my rear tire, my rear brake needs to be re-bled to make it firm again. Im thinking its because of the play in the rear caliper slider bracket, which seems more excessive side to side than on any of my other bikes. Any ideas or thoughts???

·
Premium Member
11,231 Posts
Uhh, when ever I take off a tireit is soft and just needs to be pumped a few times to re-seat the pads on the rotor.

You sure that isn't your problem?

Because unless you are opening a bleeder or have a leak you shouldn't have to bleed anything. Same thing as with a car. Change the pads? Don't forget to pump the brakes a few times before you drive through the nearest stop sign.

·
Premium Member
3,324 Posts
uhh, when ever i take off a tireit is soft and just needs to be pumped a few times to re-seat the pads on the rotor.

You sure that isn't your problem?

Because unless you are opening a bleeder or have a leak you shouldn't have to bleed anything. Same thing as with a car. Change the pads? Don't forget to pump the brakes a few times before you drive through the nearest stop sign.
+1

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Im clueless on it myself. I never touch the brake system besides removing the caliper from the slider when changing the tire, and it doesn't have any leaks. Even after lots of pumping, the lever always feels soft until I get tired of it and reverse bleed it. I put the tire on May 17, and just now got tired of the soft feel and bled it. Works great now until the next tire change again. Maybe ill try tying the caliper up at a lower point next time and see what effect that has.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts