Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

Really old new Guy.

5K views 40 replies 25 participants last post by  Godzilla 
#1 ·
Just want to say whuuzz-up. Old Racer here. I've been lurking for
awhile and I'm starting to feel guilty. :eek:hno I thought it was time
to join in the festivities.

Looking forward in getting to know everyone.

Oh, I almost forgot. I bought a red one. They are the fast ones
right ? :evil Who says you have to slow down at 60 yrs old ?

#2 ·
Welcome

Howdy Johnny, welcome to the forum.

Friendly forum here, have fun.

I had a sit on a friend's black ZZR1400 last week, top of my shopping list for a couple of years time. Need to get one before I get too old..... The black ones are faster in the UK :crazyloco

#15 ·
Glad to know that there are older people buying the ZX-14. I'm finding it, as you said, the best bike I've ever ridden. At 67, I can still appreciate the raw power of the bike. Easier to keep up with the young kids! (Actually, I have to wait for them now...)

Good choice! Keep the rubber side down.

#19 ·
Hey Eddie, look at it this way - old age is like riding the
ZX14 at 130mph or 140 mph. It doesn't make much difference
about your chances of survival. :crazyloco

My biggest kick is when I roll up among a group of parked
sport bike riders, take off my helmet and all they see is
thinning white hair. ::eek:hno Priceless !

What they are not aware of is along with the gray, comes
48 years of experience in RR, Hair Scrambles, Enduro, Trials,
and Drag Racing. Heck, at this point, I feel privledged to
have made it this far. :mfclap (knock on wood)

#21 ·
hell old man I would have taken better care of myself,had I known I was gonna last this long. I have also experienced the "young whippersnapper" looks of amazement,COOL ain`t it!!! The best one that I`ve had so far is pulling up to a red light next to a police car and the two officers look young enough to be my kids,... THE LOOK THAT THEY GIVE !!! NOW THATS PRICELESS!!! Hey could that be a new mastercard commercial maybe? LOL
Ed.

#23 ·
Been stopped five times in Mexico by the Federales. When I take my helmet off, they just laugh and say, "Slow down." I've got a real wild helmet in Oregon for my ZX-14. Everyone thinks I'm some young kid when I'm riding. It's really funny when you take the helmet off. Let me know when you do that commercial.

#25 ·
Age I'm 63 and just bought a ZX-14 last month. I'm having speed equipment put on it right now to take the restricter of the top speed, open up the butterflies in the lower gears, and shift without using the clutch. As soon as it's broken in I'll be seeing what the quarter mile and top end will be.

#29 ·
never to old to ride

i am 38 years young hope i make it to your age
you are never to old for a kaw
:thefinger

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.