Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I go into my local Motorcycle store to order some parts for my bike. There is no parking in front so I park my bike by the used ones out front wich everyone does. I come back out and my bike was gone i walked around the fence and there it was sitting with the employee's bikes and there are two guys there looking at it thinking its for sale. playing with the switches and flipping the tank latch open and closed. :rant Man I was so pissed I first yelled at them to get away from the bike its mine. they were like oh Im sorry this and that, whear did you get it etc. then I asked around who moved it and of course no one knew. so I rode it home and it ran fine. I get home and notice that the cover on the front of the tank is dented a little on the right side not to much but verry little and my frame sliders are a little loose. so now i dont know if someone there did it or if it was like that before. I didnt notice any of that before especcially the tank cover I would have noticed that I am picky . :rant So I call and talk to the parts manager and tell him i want to see the video tapes and he cant get them till tomorrow becuase the GM has access to them etc. :angry oh and the most anoying thing is I had my handelbars locked as well so whomever moved it had to pick it up . which im worried thats what messed up my front tank cover and or the frame sliders. Sorry for the long post just wanted to see what you guys think.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Oh I would be so pissed. Get those TAPES!!!

·
Registered
264 Posts
It blows my mind why someone in all their wisdom would drag a bike (that doesnt belong to them) out of its parking spot in the first place.:rant Keep us posted when you get more info w/the tapes.

·
Registered
5 Posts
So, here's a bike with locked forks, license plate, and some asshair moves it? You did the right thing. If its one of those asshole that said "I don't know" when you first asked, on those tapes....well, I really don't know what I'd do, I mean any violence now will be considered totally on you...but fuck would I like to beat them/him stupid.:angry :angry :angry

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
it doesnt have a plate yet but it has the tag on the back from the place i bought it from I just got it two weeks ago.

·
Registered
330 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hey guys great news i went in and looked at the tapes today and come to find out a jackass in a car almost hit my bike so one of the employees moved it back spun it around on its kick stand and parked it next to his bike with the all the other employees bikes. that is pretty cool I thought yes he could have asked but after seeing the tapes its ok what he did with me.

·
Registered
330 Posts
So whats up with the dent in the tank cover????
Ya - & check those loose sliders too - providing it's not just the pucks that are loose, your bolts may not have been torqued properly when the sliders were installed & might have worked loose :scared

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
as for the dent in the tank cover its not that bad and I probably never noticed it before literally the way i noticed it was when i dragged my finger over the seam between the air box and the tank the airbox cover has a verry little depression in it to the right once again you can't even see it with the eye you have to feel it. I have been told its normal on sport bikes by several dealers and people because its a mass produced piece most will be like that.

As for the Sliders I had them put on at the Dealer where i bought it and have my first service this saturday so when its in there ill have them tighten the sliders as well. Ill post some pics of the bike here aswell i cant do it at work thought so ill have them up later tonight.

·
Registered
12 Posts
that would look gorgeous with the shovel taken of the back, the plate mounted somewhere else, and the cowl in place...nice bike either way though.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Nice looking bike,i dont think we get that colour over here in the UK.Are the reflectors a legal thing over there?Again,in the UK we only need one near the rear light.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts