Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone watching the Macau GP this Saturday?

Some pics of the action that takes place, racing through the city streets of Macau, China:

Oh yeah, I'm sure you've seen the famous one. Can you name him?

·
Registered
990 Posts
Great photo's. Steve Plater has a reputation for leaning on the walls, is it him?

We don't seem to get TV coverage in the UK despite the Brits doing rather well (unless of course it's on obscure satellite channel)

Rutter is up for a record 7th win this year.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I think that is Rutter skimming the wall. Awesome balls those guys have. I am rooting for John Haner (US) since he raced with the CMRA when I was there...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Damn!
From http://www.motorcyclenews.com

John McGuinness had a moment as close as any other in his glittering roads racing career, after a huge moment at over 160mph in Macau today.

The 11-time TT winner had the biggest moment of the day on his way to posting third fastest time, at the terrifying Mandarin Bend.

Approaching at 170mph, his Stobart Honda dropped out of fourth gear, hit a false neutral and then dropped into third mid-corner, sending the Fireblade sideways at 160mph and leaving a huge black line across the road.

So how did the TT legend deal with it…? “I completely sh*t myself!” he said afterwards.

His mood wasn’t helped by running out of petrol during final qualifying, being forced to cadge a lift back to the pits from Les Shand.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Didn't know Macau ran a road race. Been there though. Great place to visit if you ever end up in that part of the world.

What channel / network broadcasts this event???

·
Registered
990 Posts
Reports

Reports & results on crash.net extra

http://www.crash.net/home~cid~87.htm

Quote from Rutter :crazyloco

"I was trying my hardest but Steve came past me. I thought I would see where he was quick and where he was slower, but I got messed up by a backmarker and Steve just about got past him.

"That cost me a bit of time, but I caught him back up and noticed he was catching the wall a few times, and paint was flying off onto my visor."

G

·
That's awesome! I didnt know Macau had a race! I lived there for 2 months, wouldn't it have been sweet to catch this!
Drew~!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Macau! The sound your bike makes as it bounces off the armco...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts