Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
7,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so as some of you know i sold the 7 to a family member in order to buy a fuel injected ride..

now i am wanting to get a zx6 because A.) i love the styling B.) affordable and fun to ride.

now not saying if i found a zx10 next month when im gonna buy in the right price range i would pass it up is a lie haha

but anyways my question is:

which zx6 do you all like/prefer or have pros and cons with

the 2003-04 636
the 2005-06 636
or the 06 +

im only spending 5k so anything above 08 probably is out of the question

now discuss!!! :tard

·
Registered
219 Posts
03-04 = should be able to get one in pretty decent shape for NO MORE than 3-3.5k so you will have leftover money to buy gear or upgrades or whatever else you wanna spend it on.
05-06 = IMO is one of the best looking bikes out there. Parts are readily available. You also should be able to find one in really good shape for less than 5k.
07-08 = I hate the front end on this model and I will never buy one unless its a super good deal for that reason alone.
anything newer than that will be more than likely out of your price range unless its been wrecked. However, I know a guy who got a 2009 r6 for 4.2k it had only been lowsided in a parking lot and had very very minimal cosmetic damage. So keep your eyes open for those one in a million deals.

·
Registered
7,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the reply ...

i agree 100% on the 05 06 is amazing looning.

but the cheaper factor of the 03 04 is tempting..

from a performance perspective how much power difference or "solidness" difference is there between the 03 04 and 05 06?

·
Registered
6,382 Posts
The 6RRs have a few extras, but they don't have the added displacement. If you come across an rr model, ride it and see how you like it. my best friend has an '04 RR. He picked it up at an auction. It was gummed up because it sat around so long. After he got it cleaned out, it was a very fast 600. well, you'll see.

·
Registered
7,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
is the rr all of the 03 - 04 models?

which is which

·
Registered
7,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
this is a tough decision. the front end on the 03 04 looks soo good

·
16,062 Posts
which zx6 do you all like/prefer or have pros and cons with

the 2003-04 636
the 2005-06 636
or the 06 +

im only spending 5k so anything above 08 probably is out of the question

now discuss!!! :tard
As far as looks, that's entirely up to you. (and you can't see the front end when you're riding)
As far as performance and the most mechanically evolved, the '09+.
Especially if you wanna give the track a try.
I'm pretty sure you could find an '09 for $5k in great shape and reasonable mileage.

·
Registered
7,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
around here its hard to find an 05 for under 5k

·
Registered
7,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
id be down to make an offer if i had my cash now... unfortunately i have another month

·
16,062 Posts
I know it's a drive for you but just wanted to show you this bike I ran across on craigslist. Looks real nice his price seems fair too.

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/mcy/2896397661.html
His mod list isn't my cup o' tea.
If you like exactly how that bike is and won't spend anything on mods,
considering the low miles for an 07, $5k is reasonable.
not a dime more.
Realistically, mods don't count for much and 07s were going for $4500 last season.
not sure what makes that one so special.

·
Registered
7,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
all the ones around here are at least 5k... most the 03 04's are upper 4k;s

·
16,062 Posts
Cash talks.
When you're ready to buy, find an 08 or even an 09 that you like and wave 50 $100 bills under their nose.
You'll see how "firm" they are on their price.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Damn, I don't know what part of Ohio you are in but I was finding some badass deals up there. I found a couple 09+ between 5.5 and 6, 07-08 5 and up, and 06 and older as low as 3500 for anything road worthy and clean. This was in the Columbus area a little less then 2 weeks ago when I was looking up there for a new bike.

Don't be afraid to look outside your home area and be willing to travel. You will find some dope deals that way.

·
Registered
7,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
im in dayton and i search everywhere within 200 miles or so... and theres alot of nice deals out there they just dont last long.

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
I like the style of the 05/06. I love my 07 though. It is always a fun and smooth ride. I would look for an 05/06 or an 09+

·
Registered
919 Posts
His mod list isn't my cup o' tea.
If you like exactly how that bike is and won't spend anything on mods,
considering the low miles for an 07, $5k is reasonable.
not a dime more.
Realistically, mods don't count for much and 07s were going for $4500 last season.
not sure what makes that one so special.
I just like blacked out bikes especially with angel eyes and an undertail exhaust. Plus it's got both brand new tires. Just thought I'd share my find of the day. :nana If I had the dough that bike would be sitting in my garage right now.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts