Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Took 3 weeks, didn't come out perfect but not bad for my first time painting. Used 4 cans of Rustoleum white from Home Depot and 3 cans of Colorwrong :)rotflmao) Kawi Green

Learned a lot though :crazyloco

The "K" on the gas tank, "Kawasaki" on the lowers and the Kanji on the tail were done with Nissan midnight sapphire blue (had a '94 300ZX in that color)

also painted the passenger/rider footpegs and brackets with Rustoleum black enamel, we'll see how long it lasts

·
Premium Member
11,231 Posts
o_O

I like.

·
Registered
6,382 Posts
colorwrong....:crackup
sorry, I know it's not funny to you. I'm sure you know there are several shades of Kawi green. Colorite has all the colorcodes for the specific models & years. i guess I got lucky the last time I ordered from them. It was a perfect match. Sorry it didn't work out for you.

Bike looks great.
Not easy to paint a bike.
The sliders and bar ends look cool.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
it's all good, I think it's because I just sanded the old green and painted on top of that instead of priming it, anyhows, I have to keep myself out of the garage or else I'll spend 10 minutes staring at it, hehe...

and thanks for the compliment :)

·
Panda Man
4,462 Posts
That looks great for a DIY job. How does it look up close? Did you put a clear coat over it at all to reduce possible chipping in the future?

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
it is clearcoated and you can definitely see the flaws up close but like my friend said: I'll just be a white and green blur most of the time :crazyloco

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
i like it. but just my opinion. you shoulda kept the mirrors black and kept the front fairing all white. but still, its unique.

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
definitely like the color scheme and the placement

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks guys! It was really fun to do and one more thing I can cross off the bucket list of things I've done to a bike. Next up SS Brake lines and a valve adjustment.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts