1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
yeah i wouldn't zip tie, i also wouldn't think that would solve your problem. i think the rattle is on the inside. mine does sound like its getting louder. lol. i have never done anything about it other than turn up the tunes and let the pipes scream louder.. but some have wrapped in foam and shirts, etc

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Going for a ride in a little bit to see if those ties even solve the problem. If they do, atleast I know its the sensor for sure. Ill try the foam method next

·
Registered
773 Posts
Going for a ride in a little bit to see if those ties even solve the problem. If they do, atleast I know its the sensor for sure. Ill try the foam method next
mine rattles too, zip ties does not seem to work. but the rattle is intermittent which is weird, I give up, and its funny...I can hear the rattle even with Akro slips ons and ear plugs!

·
Quinton Phuckin Tarantino
18,914 Posts
It's kind of Wierd but I rarely hear mine at all . I had the stock exhaust for quite a while and don't remember hearing it then either . I have to strain to hear it .

·
Premium Member
11,231 Posts
I've read about people filling them with a non-conductive, somewhat thin oil. They still function, but will take a little bit longer to activate.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I put some lightweight oil in mine. Didn't really help that much.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
zip tie trick got rid of the rattling/buzzing. still on the fence about keeping the sensor that snug...

So in a nutshell, this sensor is supposed to turn the bike off if the bike falls over correct?

When I have a few people around that can hold the bike, ill tip the bike over while running in a stationary spot and see if this sensor still works while being zip tied. Ill try to rest the bike on the sliders

·
Registered
400 Posts
zip tie trick got rid of the rattling/buzzing. still on the fence about keeping the sensor that snug...

So in a nutshell, this sensor is supposed to turn the bike off if the bike falls over correct?

When I have a few people around that can hold the bike, ill tip the bike over while running in a stationary spot and see if this sensor still works while being zip tied. Ill try to rest the bike on the sliders
might not want to do that for risk of oil starvation to motor. just unbolt sensor itself and tip the sensor only over. its a little metal thing inside that rattles not the exterior. filled mine with motor oil also. hard to reseal as glue doesnt like sticking to oiled plastic. helped a bit. some oil leaked out when i took fairing off and was dangling upside down. engine cut when i tried. also wear plugs, exhuast and music in helmet. still bugs me a little as can feel slightly in bars and hear very very faintly. i posted on gtr14 side and no response yet but i believe is ssme part. cannot understand no mention from the connie owners. maybe new 14r has diff part by now. very minor issue but would still prefer a solution. also tried wrapping with insulation but didnt help. i'd use thicker gear oil next time...

·
Registered
132 Posts

The problem with zip tying it is you are making a rubber mounted sensor rigid mounted I would guess it was designed rubber mounted to insulate it from too much vibration by zip tying it you are subjecting it to more vibration which may cause it to fail.

·
Registered
364 Posts
is the tilt switch like a tip over switch that kills the engine when it gets to a certain angle?
If si I did not know we had them on these bikes.

Thanks -- Bobby

·
Registered
27 Posts
I used foam to enclose mine. Could not hear it after that - but my hearing is shot from the loud music of the 80's.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
update to this thread. zip tie method stopped working. i would here a very annoying buzzing right around 4k rpm while accelerating. I could here it over my slip ons.

filled the sensor with oil, glued it back shut and no more rattle. sensor is still functional with oil in it. tipped the sensor over while the bike was idling and it turned off. this method seems like a permanent fix

1 - 18 of 18 Posts