Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK - I bought a rear view camera from Tadibrothers for the '14. I told them to ship US mail - NOT UPS. They still shipped UPS. :rant So, on a maybe 5 ounce parcel in a mid sized foamy envelope, they charged 23.65 shipping - :eek:hno which is outrageous!! BUT - the story isn't over - UPS charged me a "brokerage fee" on top of that of 29.70 :scared to pay 13$ worth of tax, and I had to pay tax on the brokerage fee of 3.86 :tard. Bottom line, a five ounce parcel cost me 57.20 shipping :rant (and both boxes were partly crushed no less!). A week ago I got a parcel from England (Air mail) that weighed 12 pounds - cost me under 10 bucks. Week before I got a parcel from China shipped DHL I believe - free of charge. I get stuff US mail allthe time - no extra charges, and half the time customs just lets 'er through. I have phoned for the last three days, I get a message to leave my number, and they never call back. I cannot recommend a company that ignores directions, and should already know that UPS charges extra fees. Makes me wonder if they get a kickback from UPS (like THAT never happens eh?)

End of rant

·
Registered
370 Posts
I'm sure lots of these web based businesses view shipping as a profit centre. I feel your pain. That's ridiculous.

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
Some companies "claim" to only ship UPS. At that point I tell them that I will have to take my business elsewhere. Period. I am also amazed at how I can get items from England to Victoria in two days and $20 shipping for a large box of kids motorcycle jackets & pants, but UPS wants $28 from Seattle to Victoria (uh yeah, 65 miles) PLUS brokerage.

I have run into the same problem as Beethoven, both at home and at work (I run a marine wholesale company) and REFUSE to accept anything on UPS that crosses the border. I have tried leaving specific instructions to have our own broker, but sometimes UPS would try to clear it themselves and charge extra. I simply refused the shipment and have it sent back to the sender. One company I deal with insists on using UPS and I insist on them prepaying freight and our own broker or we will not sell their products. At about $9-18k per unit, they think enough of our 15-20 unit sales per annum to make it happen.

UPS brokers not only charge outrageous amounts, but they also would import incorrectly as much of what we sell is duty/tax free for use in commercial fish boats or international yachts in transit. They seem to be unaware of exactly how that or NAFTA works. Amazing.

They must be doing something right somewhere to remain in business, but I have sure not seen that.

OP

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Are there alternatives for hazmatt stuff that the mail won't handle? I hear Fed Ex now charges brokerage fees. Anybody know?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts