Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I frequent a few motorcycle boards pertaining to each of my bikes. There is a wealth of information and good people that like/want to help others.:clap

But what I don't get is: 90% of bike owners think jetting or some sort of aftermarket part will fix a problem with their bike. I mean REALLY? These bikes don't come off the showroom floor with a jetting problem. So what happens is, they start off into a downward spiral of part replacement. They replace or adjust this, to compensate for that, etc.

I'm no expert on bikes, and never will be. But I have been around them all my life. And have come to the conclusion that if you like riding, DO NOT TINKER. :banghead I can always look at my factory manual for correct settings, clearances and such.

(There are some of you this definately doesn't pertain to) Ask yourself, can you ride or do you need a better/faster bike than what comes from the factory?

I love all riders and will help them any way I can. I'm just trying to save them some money and wasted time.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I frequent a few motorcycle boards pertaining to each of my bikes. There is a wealth of information and good people that like/want to help others.:clap

But what I don't get is: 90% of bike owners think jetting or some sort of aftermarket part will fix a problem with their bike. I mean REALLY? These bikes don't come off the showroom floor with a jetting problem. So what happens is, they start off into a downward spiral of part replacement. They replace or adjust this, to compensate for that, etc.

I'm no expert on bikes, and never will be. But I have been around them all my life. And have come to the conclusion that if you like riding, DO NOT TINKER. :banghead I can always look at my factory manual for correct settings, clearances and such.

(There are some of you this definately doesn't pertain to) Ask yourself, can you ride or do you need a better/faster bike than what comes from the factory?

I love all riders and will help them any way I can. I'm just trying to save them some money and wasted time.
I have to agree with you on this....It's funny how most riders look to improve their bikes before looking to improve themselves. Again i strongly beleive in, to each his/her own and everyone having the right to do what makes them happy. I too was guilty of this, as soon as i bought my zx6r the first thing i thought of was what can i do to make my bike faster. But after talking to more experienced riders and doing a little logical thinking on my own i realized it was a wiser choice for ME to invest in some good gear and some more advanced rider training to make myself a better rider. Cause i know for myself with the technolgy today even on a 600 im not going to outride this bike anytime soon so I turned my focus in on making myself a better/safer rider first..

·
Registered
12 Posts
True that.

Like my buddy always say, "Most stock bikes will outrun almost anything on four wheels....do you REALLY need that NOS bottle?" =)

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know this guy with a KX250. The back wheel was about to fall off due to bad wheel bearings, the top end needs to be rebuilt, he had no goggles or gloves. Guess what he buys? ....a friggin graphic kit!!! :rotflmao

And this is no kid! He's like 35 years old with a daughter!:rotflmao

"You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink it."

·
Registered
649 Posts
I would have to agree .... BUT .... I had to change out the stock can on my '01 ZX6R cuz I didn't like the way it sounded. I put on a Micron bolt-on and then it had such a great tone! Is it faster???? NO.... but I really do like the sound of it so much more than stock. The only ohter thing I would ever really do is one tooth down on the front sprocket for some quicker go-go!!!!!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I would have to agree .... BUT .... I had to change out the stock can on my '01 ZX6R cuz I didn't like the way it sounded. I put on a Micron bolt-on and then it had such a great tone! Is it faster???? NO.... but I really do like the sound of it so much more than stock. The only ohter thing I would ever really do is one tooth down on the front sprocket for some quicker go-go!!!!!
As far as performace goes, I did the same thing...only a FMF. I was so jealous of hearing other bikes fly by, and me....with a HUGE CANNON sized exhaust.:rotflmao

I only noticed a tiny difference in performance, good and bad, and left it as is. No jetting or anything.

Other than that, just a tail and signals.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Yep, yep, yep!

·
Premium Member
4,288 Posts
I'm back to stock now .......except pipes,air filter and lower (3.45mm) front end

1 - 9 of 9 Posts