Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know how accurate the range meter is on these bikes.I had a ZZR1400 before the Gtr and could never get an accurate reading.I find the Gtr just the same and am tending to rely more on the trip meter filling up every 200 miles just incase. When it gets down to one bar on the fuel guage sometimes it says 60 miles and then goes up to 120. I don't fancy pushing a bike the extra 60 miles if the latter is wrong as the bloody thing weighs more than a Volvo and as the missus no longer goes on the bike I can't just stear while she pushes like we used to in the old days .:headscratch

·
Registered
33 Posts
For as long as it is visible, I think it is pretty accurate (at a steady throttle). It bounces around a lot based on "current MPG". Problem is it goes away when the tank hits 1.1 gallons. The the Range is no longer available. So we will never really know.

What I do is when the "low fuel" warning message shows up, I assume I have between 20-40 miles before I'm on fumes. Look at the current Odometer reading and add 20-40 for my target refueling point.

Don't even get me started how hard it is to make the "low Fuel " message to go away!!!

·
Registered
368 Posts
To clear the flashing petrol pump off the digital cluster, press both mode and reset buttons simultaneously for about 4 seconds. The flashing pump will be replaced by a red warning light on the left side and a flashing "E" on the fuel bar. You can then continue to use the mode button to cycle between Tire Pressure, Current MPG and Average MPG but NOT the range function. I recommend using one of the ODO trips to track mileage until you refuel. By the way, the two button reset only works until you either fill the tank or turn off the bike. Upon turning the bike on again, the flashing pump returns and won't clear until refueling.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I have this neat trick I use when the flashing pump comes on....I stop and fill up. Everything goes right back to normal after that!:crackup

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have this neat trick I use when the flashing pump comes on....I stop and fill up. Everything goes right back to normal after that!:crackup
Yeah yeah yeah, sure you could fill that up, but why carry around 1.1 extra gallons for not reason! I hit the low fuel warning about 200-210 miles, I like having an extra 40 miles before I have to top off.

BTW, getting the message to go away is very difficult. I sat at a stop light today trying to make it go away and was unsuccessful. :banghead

Not very user friendly!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts