Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have been checking out radiator guards for the GTR 14 . I have looked at the Rad Guard here in Australia ( radguard.com.au ) . Anyone know of any other supplier for these guards ?

Cheers Holma

·
Registered
151 Posts
Radiator Guard

Have been checking out radiator guards for the GTR 14 . I have looked at the Rad Guard here in Australia ( radguard.com.au ) .
Anyone know of any other supplier for these guards ?
The following radiator guards are not for 1400GTR but for ZZR1400.
Please refer to following information.

This is the radiator guard that you know.
RAD Guard: http://www.radguard.com.au/Kawasaki/KawasakiZX14.htm

These are the radiator guards sold in Japan.
A-TECH: http://www.a-tech.org/shop/_kawasaki/zzr1400/page/06000.html
K-FACTORY: http://www.k-factory.com/ONLINE-SHOP/kawasaki_bikes/zzr1400.html
PANZER: http://www.webike.net/sd/1321807/
AGRAS: http://biz.webike.net/i/f/sm.jsp?s=1391903&b=967#detailImage

It is said that a certain rider imports the RAD Guard for the ZZR1400, and attached the Guard to the radiator of the ZZR1400. :smile

·
Registered
215 Posts
Radguard

Just got the first radguard in black. Easy fit. No need to remove any fairing panels.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Rad Guard

Just got the first radguard in black. Easy fit. No need to remove any fairing panels.

Hey , whats it look like Chez , i had a enail from them , and some pics etc , does black look better than aluminium ? Do you have any pics ?

Cheers Holma ..

·
Registered
215 Posts
I have black

I have a black GTR so I chose black. I did see one being chromed????

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm using this one ;

Actually have two of them, one on the Connie and one on the ZX14.
I swapped them around, now the Ninja logo one is on the ZX14, Connie
has no logo on it anymore

·
Registered
368 Posts
KlxTwn, since you have more than one.... which one looks the best on the Neutron Silver C-14? Black, Silver, or Titanium? I'm assuming Silver since that's the one you have mounted in the pix.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Radiator Guard

Actually have two of them, one on the Connie and one on the ZX14.
To: KlxTwn

Does not the water temperature of the Concours14 go up by using Radiator Guard in Taiwan?

It is heard that it is very difficult to take license plate of the big motorcycle in Taiwan.
Was the restriction of license plate changed?

From: Interested rider in the motorcycle circumstances of TW. :smile

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi Breeze,

After I installed the radiator guard it did not seem to affect the temperature of the bike. During most rides in weather of about 30 to 34 degC I'm still running at one bar over the middle. When stuck in traffic it goes up to the second last bar. Same as without the radiator guard before.
Just one big difference, now I don't have to worry about a punctured radiator anymore.
( some more pictures you can find here : http://projektd.com/product_info.php?products_id=62 )

Right now it's easy to register a big bike in TWN, just the prices are very high still. For example the Connie here costs 735,000NTD which is about 22,600 USD. And we are being treated the same as the small scooters on the road, where we 'should' share the same lanes with them and can not go where cagers go. There is a little progress ahead, from next month we will be allowed to go onto some express ways. But the motorways are still off limits for now. Keep hoping :)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Well $22,600 isn't too bad considering that here in Ireland 1400GTR ABS go for EUR19,000 (over $26,500)...but for that price we are allowed on motorways!!!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Radiator Guard

After I installed the radiator guard it did not seem to affect the temperature of the bike.
Just one big difference, now I don't have to worry about a punctured radiator anymore.

Right now it's easy to register a big bike in TWN, just the prices are very high still. For example the Connie here costs 735,000NTD which is about 22,600 USD.
And we are being treated the same as the small scooters on the road, where we 'should' share the same lanes with them and can not go where cagers go.
There is a little progress ahead, from next month we will be allowed to go onto some express ways. But the motorways are still off limits for now.

Because Taiwan is the subtropics, I thought that I might influence the water temperature of the Concours.

It came to be able to register a big motorcycle easily in TWN. :clap

Is 735,000NTD (22,600USD) a price only of the motorcycle?
It is about 1.7 times the current market price (ICT) of Japan.
Is the tariff to the imported motorcycle high in TWN?

Cf. “Price in Japan”, “Kawasaki GTR 1400 and Concours 14” (#65)
http://www.zxforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1366&page=4

When thinking about the climate of TWN and the price of the motorcycle,
thought I think that a Malaysian model is better than the North America model ・・・・・.
Cannot a big motorcycle be imported from Japan and Malaysia to TWN?

Because the population ratio of the motorcycle is the best in the world・・・・・.
Whenever the signal of the intersection becomes blue in Taipei, the race of the scooter starts. :smile

It is hard that the Concours and the zx14 cannot run in the expressway.
Do two people come to be able to get on a motorcycle in the expressway?

I'm sorry to ask you a lot of questions.
Please forgive me for my rudeness.  m(_ _)m

·
Registered
15 Posts
The Kawasaki bikes we have in Taiwan are all shipped directly from Japan, but for whatever reason ??? ... we always get US (CAL) models here. The ZX14 was a CAL model and now the Concours 14 is a CAL model again. So we even have the evap canisters on them.

The price I told you is for the bike only ... nothing else, so you still need to add registration, road tax and insurance. All because of the high import tax.
This is not only for bikes but also for imported cars the price will at least double ( BMW, Benz, Lexus, Infinity ... )

You are right about 'scooter paradise' ... they flock together at traffic lights ... during rush hour at some of the bigger intersections you will see over 100 scooters waiting for the light to turn green. Then imagine you have to sit in the middle of this crazy gang on your bike ... being surrounded by these semi-kamikaze riders :lol No, I prefer the remote mountain roads, empty and pure twisties :crazyloco

Well once we can go on the expressways, there is no limit for single or double. Just have to check which roads are open for us. We will even get a new licence plate this month because of this. And now the best part ... we are supposed to put a licence plate on the front of the bike aswell like cars have to. :rotflmao :rofl
That is going to be a lot a fun for most of the sports and touring bikes ... no way you can put one there ... unless we stick it on our helmets :crazyloco

·
Registered
15 Posts
KlxTwn, since you have more than one.... which one looks the best on the Neutron Silver C-14? Black, Silver, or Titanium? I'm assuming Silver since that's the one you have mounted in the pix.
08CC14, on the Connie the radiator guard definitely looks best in silver color. Same color as the radiator, so it won't create any odd contrasts down there. If it were in black I think it will darken the whole front part quite some. But colors are personal taste of course.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Trouble with Silver or any light color is they show the grime and bugs more so than Black. I opted for the Cox in flat black but then again I prefer the Radiators hidden rather than bright.
At least Kawi had enough sense to have the fairing lowers in plain, rather than painted, black ABS plastic. That leading edge takes a beating, even with a Fender extender.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts