Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got an E-Mail I received from Kawasaki.It Was a contest to race Rickey and if you beat him you win a 2012 ZX-14R.I don't think I stand a chance but if I could just get that one in a million miracle hole shot who knows.I never even raced mine.But I have raced a couple GS1100E's a Z-1000 and a GPz-750.And a 1971 Dodge Demon LOL.If the contest qualifying is in the spring or summer off to the strip for me and my monster I go.I have leather pants boots and Jacket.Just need some seat time and take the gearing back to stock.Can't wait for the spring.
Craig

· Registered
69 Posts
u racing him on ur bike or 2 stock bikes.

· Registered
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Don't know but I need pratice on my Monster.Kawasaki might not pick me to be in the running.They said I entered they would get back to me.Hell I weigh 250 and he is 175 I think he's 175.Sounds like fun.I might get hooked on dragracing again like in the 80's.
Craig

· sénior BBQ Master
21,878 Posts
I got that email today and a few weeks ago when I entered. Win a012 14, why not?

· Registered
69 Posts
wife signed me up last night

· Registered
2,171 Posts
Let's see....the cover story of the latest issue of Motorcyclist is, and I quote: "Rickey Gadson goes 9.31 at 151 MPH on the new Kawasaki ZX-14R." Why would you even want to embarrass yourselves?? I'd say that Kawasaki made a safe bet with its offer.

DW

· Premium Member
5,908 Posts
... If it's bracket race, consistency is the ticket.
Well consistency and reaction time. Some of the drivers I used to pit for would be embarassed by a tenth of a second reaction time and it was almost always measured in the hundredths of a second.
IIRC, average reaction time for an amature was more like a half second. At the end if a 1/4 mile thats a difference of about 40'

Still not sayin' it cant be done. Maybe he will fall asleep at the line:rolleyes

· Registered
135 Posts
Well consistency and reaction time. Some of the drivers I used to pit for would be embarassed by a tenth of a second reaction time and it was almost always measured in the hundredths of a second.
IIRC, average reaction time for an amature was more like a half second. At the end if a 1/4 mile thats a difference of about 40'

Still not sayin' it cant be done. Maybe he will fall asleep at the line:rolleyes
Not sure what your reaction times are but mine average around 0.050. My best being .0005. The race is usually over if I hit a bad light and have a tenth of a second RT. I'd be looking at a tail light for sure.

Yes...Rickey is hot on the track. That's why he's a 9 time champ. But just like anything, it can be done.

· Premium Member
5,908 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.