Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey new to forum and have question on racing. I heard a couple of things, one is that you start your bike in 1st rev at 7g and the other is start in 2nd and rev at 7g so it doesnt do a wheelie. I have been riding for a while just not at the track so help guys !!! thanks Rich

·
Registered
582 Posts
I use 1st with my '06 zx6r. Just grab some revs and feed it in. Find a stray piece of back road and experiment.
gammac

·
Registered
379 Posts
I use 1st with my '06 zx6r. Just grab some revs and feed it in. Find a stray piece of back road and experiment.
gammac
As GMac says, feel the clutch and play like your dragging it and no matter what revs and gear your in , you wont lift the front.

If i do a quick pull off i keep the revs at about 6500 and feel the clutch till its completely released and then twist the grip off the bar and all that happens is a little power wheelie which is about 2 inches off the deck

·
Registered
582 Posts
Keep rubber side down.
Don't get a rush of blood to the head in the first two and last two laps.
gammac

·
Registered
683 Posts
Are we talking about a drag race or a race with turns? I have some experience at the strip and most of my friends practically live there (Great Lakes dragway, Union Grove Wisconsin, if you haven't taken your bike there yet, you have to. Its a blast!). At the strip I think the best thing to do is rev it really high and ride the clutch out the hole. Sure its not good for the clutch but who cares. I don't think racing is good for any machine.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Your bike it too nice to drag race...:nana
(j/k) I really didn't have anything constructive to add to this thread; I just noticed you have a good looking bike.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts