Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On Sunday I was at the South West bike show in Exeter and met up with Hitman on the Quill Exhaust stand.. good to meet you and the family Chris..

As Quill is a small company they develop new pipes if and when there is a demand for them..

and to create enough demand for them to develop a system for our bikes Malcolm on the stand suggested that if four or more of us emailed Jim the boss of Quill , that would get the process started.

I have allready sent one to him , so lets have three more eh ? :clap

http://www.quillexhausts.com/contactus.php

I really liked the look of the Titanium Tri Oval..

If they can get a bike from their local Kawa dealer, Malcolm reckoned two days for fabricating a prototype, dyno runs etc etc.. so this could be available in a few weeks..

Stu..

·
Registered
451 Posts
And one more makes two...

Gud to see you two as well Stu.. and thanks for letting me gander at your new Cal-Sci screen.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Sadly could not make the show due to family commitments (they tried to have me commited) but would perhaps be interested in this pipe, i've read up a bit on them and they appear to have a good write up for sound and legallity. Did he give any idea's on what the can would cost (ballpark figure only obviousely). Also how did the titanium colour look in the flesh, would it suit the bike, thats hard to judge from a picture?

P.S. As to the family trying to commit me that was a joke.....honest.
P.P.S. Will hopefully be in Abergavenny on Sunday morning if anyone is in the area!

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Also how did the titanium colour look in the flesh, would it suit the bike, thats hard to judge from a picture?
QUOTE]

That picture does not do it a lot of justice, flash photography in a large "Cow shed" lit with fluro tubes is not easy :crackup

In the flesh it is very near the colour of the wheels.

Prices would be close to any of the other bikes from Quill with a single slip on.

so about £250 for stainless, £320 for Ti and if we need a link pipe about £70 for that.

Stu..

·
Registered
228 Posts
Cheers for that, was not picking on the photography, I know camera's do indeed lie about colours, especially metallic ones. We will almost certainly need a link pipe due to the lack of slip on spring or other means of fixing. Will most likely attach at the slip on point about 2 foot of pipework.

Ballpark figure of £400 give or take, not cheap but probably worth it.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Just got an email back from Quill..But s'pose you all did as well

Hi Chris

The Kawasaki 1400GTR is a model
we are planning to produce in the very near future

If you are interested and wished to place an order
We could source a bike locally and we would get the
development completed fairly quickly,
We should be able to get your order dispatched
within a couple of weeks of order