Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My POS Hjc sounds like I'm in a wind tunnel.:scared Any quiet helmets out there?

·
Registered
184 Posts
I feel your pain!
My $125 HJC is the same POS!
I repacked the earpieces with more foam behind the stock padding and it reduced noise by half.
The helemt still isn't aerodynamic built and rattles around in high speed winds.
I myself am stepping into a higher dollar helmet with a better stability rep.
Along the lines of a Shoei,Arai,Bell,AGV.
Good luck to you!

·
Registered
532 Posts
Same with the Shark S800 or better. Had a AGV Airtech before and it was terrible, the Shark is much quiter and stable at speed, also has got the nose shield eliminating a lot of "fogging" up plus the little chin pad

·
Registered
990 Posts
I have a mid range HJC & it's not too noisy + stable at speed.

If you ride fast i.e. over 80mph for any length of time consider earplugs whatever the helmet.

·
Registered
649 Posts
My head is between sizes with Shoei.... I have an ICON mainframe and it's not too bad. I'd like to try out some other helmets including the higer end SHARK.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Yep my HJC whistles at me. First time I wore it I spent some moments trying to work out what was wrong with the bike.
gammac

·
Registered
683 Posts
Shoei RF1000. Absolutely love it. My old RF800 blasted air directly into my eyes. RF1000 doesn't do that at all. Very stable at speed, good ventilation, very cool inside. The RF800 seemed quieter though. But I felt like I couldn't hear anything with it on. I hear more now and it makes me feel more alert. Expect to pay atleast $300, but its your head.
T

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
The Shoei and saumoy Are the best out there for sound. I've had three Shoei over the last ten years or so and all are better than friends stuff I've tried out ,but they more expensive than all of there's too. My ten year Shoei :eek:hno ( I know replace them every 3-5 years, can't get rid of it ,to comfortable) it is still the best helmet I've had, good at speed, pretty good venting,:rofl and not to heavy. I'll keep buyin them as long as they make em that good. And Shortcircuit is right I wear the soft foam plugs when I'm doing quick time for the long time.

·
Registered
60 Posts
A few years back, Motorcycle Consumer News magazine did a comparison on helmets and at that time Shoei and Arai had the best noise ratings. Of course designs change. The latest Arai I got (Astral-X) however, is even better than the one I bought based on that comparison....and it has better ventilation as well.

Keep in mind too that the different helmet models within a brand may be shaped differently inside intentionally, to give a "perfect" fit, based on head shape. Which means if you have a narrow head in a more "rounded" interior design, you'll have more gap between the helmet and your ears to permit noise to travel to your ears.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Suomy Spec-1R...best fit and no wind tunnel...also a big fan of AGV and Shark...but ICON=boooooo

·
Registered
47 Posts
i have a scorpion 700 model helmet and i think its pretty good. its the only one i have used but there is no wistling it feels pretty stable at higher speeds. i do think they could have done a little better at the bottom. i could put my hand up to the helmet right at my neck to close off the bottom better and it cuts the noise in half easy. i looked up reviews for them and found a lot of good things about them and they are one of the better buys for the money.

·
Registered
159 Posts
i got a shoei and agv but i think what u need is an earplug save your hearing too my right ear is kind a weak now...

·
Registered
75 Posts
i have the icon mainframe and it was perfect until i put the chatterbox on now i look like a bobble head at 80+...other than that its a perfect helmet

·
Registered
444 Posts
I recently got a HJC CL-Max modular. For being a modular helmet, I was suprised to find it fairly quiet. At first it was noisy, but that's just because I had all the vents open on it. Once I closed them it wasn't bad.

The price was decent too. :thumbup

·
Registered
22 Posts
Nice to know I just bought an HJC CL-15. I guess it's worth it though cause I found it new for $50 on eBay. In a few months I'll prob get an Icon Mainframe and use that for myself and the HJC for passengers.

·
Registered
366 Posts
I sported an HJC CL-14 two helmets in a row and loved it. I swear it was awesome, then I had to replace it and could only find the CL-15... what a piece of junk. Now I have a Scorpian Raider 700. It whistles sometimes, but generally it's pretty good. It even has a nice smell to it... The ventilation is good, and the chin skirt only costs like $8.

·
Registered
27 Posts
i had a scorpian raider 700 too. I think was most comfortable for the price, way better than hjc and others like it. I recently bought an arai. I dont know the name of the helmet but it fits awesome.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts