Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to the sport tourer family and need to get a good full-face helmet. I have an HJC CL-Max modular that I use on a snowmobile. I have put a MC shield on it, but it is still quite noisy. Any opinions would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have 5 full face helmets, everything from a Bieffe, to an HJC modular to a Shoei RF900. They are all noisy, and the best one can do with a full face is to wear ear plugs. The soft foam ones are best,even better than custom made plugs (which I have also) Wet them, roll them up, and insert.

·
Registered
19 Posts
If your like me you may have noticed that if you squat just a little the world gets mucho quiter to the point you can hear the sweet enging running. With that in mind I ordered a taller replacement windshield.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If your like me you may have noticed that if you squat just a little the world gets mucho quiter to the point you can hear the sweet enging running. With that in mind I ordered a taller replacement windshield.
My +4.5 windshield should be here Friday, but I still want to get a better helmet than my HJC modular.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Hi

i have bought a Schuberth S1 and must say it's very quiet! I'm impressed about it.

marc

·
Registered
46 Posts
I've owned several Shark helmets and they seem to be quiter than my last Shoei RF1000.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I just received my new Scorpion EXO 400. I will report back as soon as I test it. Appears to be well made and comfortable.

·
Registered
44 Posts
stay away from the kbc's vr-1 and vr-2 models will make you a def man quickly.....

·
Registered
40 Posts
It all has to do with how it handles the turbulence generated behind the windshield. In clean air the Arai profile is very, very quiet. But in the turbulent air it is no quieter than my Corsair.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Cripes... ya had to go and tell me about the schuberth helmets... didn't ya... man do they look like da chit! My wife is really starting to hate you guys... and my lack of patience to wait for something.. :) I think after researching ... I'd be an S1 candidate. Internal flip up sunshade... oh man... im twitching..

Now I have to find a US dealer i guess...

ugh.

See you on the road,

Jerry

·
Registered
181 Posts
Cripes... ya had to go and tell me about the schuberth helmets... didn't ya... man do they look like da chit!
Beauty, quality and functionality doesn't go always together. Especially beauty, which is in the eye of beholder! So, You have to choose what's the main purpose for Your helmet. For me, Schuberth helmets are also very nice, designed upon functionality, like tail of Hayabusa... maybe not nice, but very efficient...

As regards me, look of the helmet is on the last place, and mostly unimportant. Because beauty is the only think which You can change on helmet - just give it to some airbrush studio....

·
Registered
104 Posts
I've just ordered an Schuthbert S1 for me and R1 for my wife (her choice). I'll let you know how i get on. I pick them up on Sunday.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts