Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick question for some of you guys that may have seen this before. I recently bought a 06 zx10 and the low fuel indicator light does not come on. The guy i bought it from told me that it used to come on but after putting a power commander map on it stopped working. I tried putting a different map in and it still hasn't started working. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Might be a stupid question. But have you checked all the conections to the tank, and from the tank to the bike. Maybe they took the tank or side covers of for some reason and never pluged it back in. :headscratch

·
Registered
6,382 Posts
That's the best excuse he can can up with, huh?
Maybe when the PC was being installed, a sensor wire was pinched. Or you could try replugging in the PC plugs. Loading a map has nothing to do with the fuel light not functioning correctly.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Might be a stupid question. But have you checked all the conections to the tank, and from the tank to the bike. Maybe they took the tank or side covers of for some reason and never pluged it back in. :headscratch
its def not a stupid question honestly i hadn't done it. I wont say that i am the most mechanically inclined.

·
11,782 Posts
I would definitely get under the tank and see if there are any pinched wires first. Seems most likely.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so i lifted the tank but underneath i only see 1 electrical connection and its the fuel pump connector. Nothing seems to be disconnected. Any other places to look?

·
Registered
6,382 Posts
Try taking the PC out of the loop.
Unplug the 2 rather large multiple pin plugs and replug in the OEM plugs. Its been a few years since I had a PC on my '06. I think I may have had to take the airbox out for access. I just don't remember. Don't take the airbox out if you don't have to. It's a PITA to r & r. Go to the dynojet site. There will be PDF instructions on how to install the PC.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry about the delay.. so i pulled the PC out and plugged in the stock connectors and the fuel low light came back on. Going to try to contact dyno jet today and see what they say

1 - 8 of 8 Posts