Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys,

Just thought I'd share my $10 home depot fender eliminator:smile

Its quick and easy and you basically use a bracket from the original fender so it looks half way decent. All you need is a piece of angle aluminum 2" x 2" unfortunately i could only buy it in a 4' length or this would have been less than $10 to make. Anyway basically you will cut the aluminum to about 2 3/4" piece and drill 4 holes in it, thats it. Sorry for the crude directions hopefully you can figure it out from the pics. All Bolts were from the original fender assembly. I know its not the best but its very simple and does the job.

Black Bracket from factory fender

cut piece of aluminum (you'll need to drill 4 holes)

another shot of the aluminum bracket

after the bracket was bolted on I just used a set of pliars to bend out the angel slightly so your plate is not straight up and down at a 90 degree angle

Like I said its not super fancy but does the job for $10. Oh one last thing...after i took the factory fender off I just wrapped the wire for the plate light with electrical tape to prevent any type of short and tucked it back up through the whole in the undertail bracket.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just picked up my bike from the dealer yesterday and that's the first thing I said I was going to do (get rid of that stock fender) Anyway thanks for the good idea, I'm going to try it out.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just pulled the bulb and wrapped the connector with electrical tape and pushed it back up behind the tail light. If you look at the 3rd and 4th pics you can see half the connector wrapped in tape behind the aluminum bracket. The LED break/tail light is bright enough to illuminate the plate. Im sure if you wanted to take the time you could trace that wire and just pull it back completely. This way was just quick and easy.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I did the same thing you did too. i used the back set of studs and chopped the ones closer to the end of the tail off to tuck the plate a bit more under the tail. Also i put in a set of short stock tail lights too cuz those rubber stock ones were just ridiculous looking.

·
Registered
488 Posts
thanks for the idea, i did something different! went to lowes and picked up some small shelf L brackets for $2 and did the same thing you did. i'll post some picks here later today when i figure out how to put the picks here lol (im new to the forum thing naw meen!)

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yeah i was gonna try that as well and just went with the angled aluminum instead..do a search on here for posting pics and it tells you step by step what to do its pretty simple.
basically go to photobucket and just upload your pics there and you use the url to paste here..sorry i probably just made it worse..

·
Registered
29 Posts
i got two L shaped brackets put them on there and got a led stick on plate light mine looks well good cost me 10 pounds and waiting for a company to make me an integrated tail light with turn signals in them next month cant wait to get rid of those indecators there huge ...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.