Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off, I would like to say hello! I have been browsing through this forum for the past couple of days, and finally decided to register :smile . I am about to buy a new 07 zx-6r over here in California, so I have been doing my research. I am a new rider so this will be my first bike (can't tell you how excited I am!).

I am new to the world of bikes, so I was hoping you guys could help me with my question. I have been shopping around online, and a bit at stores in person (unfortunately I'm having a hard time finding them) to find comfortable, SAFE, badass looking riding gear. I don't care if it's two pieces or one, I'm just having trouble finding good looking all black gear that's well armored (I know how dangerous bikes can be, so I want to be as safe as possible). Also, with a full piece leather suite, does it breathe enough to ride it in the summer?

A prime example would have to be that crazy biker Ghostrider. I saw pictures/vids of him today for the first time and was dying to find out what he was wearing; that's a similar look to what I was searching for.

Thanks guys! Good to be here!!

·
Registered
532 Posts
Hi and welcome to this forum.!

There are a lot of nice suits available such as Berik, Arlen Ness, Dainese etc.
If you are not going to ride too much on a track (which I presume since this is your first bike, then I would definately suggest a two-piece suit. You can then easily take off the jacket when you stop somewhere in the summer.

I myself ride with a DMD two-piece suit which in most riders opinion whould be a cheap suit, but it is well made with all the necessary protections and is quite comfy for me!!!

The Helmet is probably the most important and there it is wise to spend a little more on quality. I have now got the Shark S800 which is still fairly cheap, but very comfortable and aerodynamically stable (very important if you are planning on going quick). Had the cheap AGV before but it buffeted my head so much, could hardly see anything over 200km/hr (125mph).

Boots are Gaerne and very comfy with a lot of protection for ankles.

I am glad that you approach it right with safety first in your mind! Keep it that way!!!!!

·
Registered
60 Posts
judging from the logo on ghostrider's chest that's a dianese suit....which will cost ya, but i've heard from some people they fit like condoms, well comfy condoms anyway. but yeah, i personally like joe rocket-good middle ground gear for beginners all the way up to pro's, so i see it as win win. just go with what offers the best protection in your price range and put a little less emplhasis on looking cool, that's my 2 cts

·
Registered
683 Posts
I wear a 'First Gear' brand jacket. Model is called 'Speed Freak'. Its all black with shoulder, elbow, and back armor. I got it on www.motorcyclecloseouts.com . I think this is a great site with many great deals. I'd recommend everyone check out this site for good deals on gear.
T

p.s. First Gear is the American version of Hein Geriche. I like HG gear very much.

·
Registered
649 Posts
I bought a nice SHIFT leather jacket thru them for a steal. Great service and timely delivery..... They are a great shop!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts