Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since my wreck, I decided to replace my el cheapo Olympia gloves with some nice leather ones.

The problem I am having is that when I try the size on that I would normally wear, I can barely get my hand in them. Once I get my hand in, the palms fit good but the fingers are tight as sh!t. Definately not comfortable. If I go to a bigger size that I can get into easier and doesn't pinch my fingers so badly, the length of the fingers are such that I would consider it dangerous to ride with them.

I am told that the "tight" ones will loosen up and fit good over several rides.

Can I get some input? I don't want to spend that much cash to eventually give/throw them away.

Thanks in advance.

G

·
All that I can say is make sure make sure that your fingers aren't touching the end. Any pressure pushing on the tip's of your fingers will make your hands go numb after an hour or so!!! That's the only thing that I know for sure from experience!

·
Registered
368 Posts
Trying to break in new gloves? Buy gloves that fit or even 1/2 size larger than normal. Put them on, dunk in warm water, then spend a few hours doing yard work with them on. Don't take them off until they dry. :) This also works for reshaping old gloves that may have stretched out a bit in the fingers. You could also try some baseball glove conditioning oil, but be cautious as not to use too much. If shrinkage is a problem, try textile gloves. Best of luck.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Trying to break in new gloves? Buy gloves that fit or even 1/2 size larger than normal. Put them on, dunk in warm water, then spend a few hours doing yard work with them on. Don't take them off until they dry. :) This also works for reshaping old gloves that may have stretched out a bit in the fingers. You could also try some baseball glove conditioning oil, but be cautious as not to use too much. If shrinkage is a problem, try textile gloves. Best of luck.
Trying to buy new gloves. The leather gloves either fit tight as a virgin or loose as a ho... I am being told that the tight ones will loosen up. I just don't know...:banghead :banghead :banghead

·
Registered
368 Posts
Finding the right gloves/boots/helmet/gear to ride comfortably and SAFE is paramount. Every brand fits slight different... just like your favorite jeans. Try on different brands until you find one that fits well, then order it online if you don't want to pay the store's price. Happy Hunting.

·
Registered
27 Posts
i had the same problem with a pair of RST gloves.. they was that bit too small and made riding in them uncomfortable, now they are nice and smug. theyve stretched enough to make a comfortable fit. HTH

Leigh

·
Registered
288 Posts
this sounds like a good idea! to my understanding leather will stretch and give a little. with textile you get what you get, so you have to be more precise with you choice.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts