Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can you not remove the plastic that the tail is connected to?

or do you have to remove the Whole tail section to do so?

I see some kind of a metal type fastner holding it in place, and before I go to it I was just going to ask this simple question.

thanks zx-10 owners

·
Registered
57 Posts
you should be able to undo the four nuts in the boot area and the whole fender will come off. then there will be a small green clip for the number plate light in left hand side of the bike between the boot area and the outer tail plastic.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok so the rear tail section itself doesnt have to come off then?

the bolts must be opposite side of the metal flat bottom pieces on the underside of the tail, correct?

again thanks alot!

·
Registered
82 Posts
yes flat bottoms to prevent crap getting in, take you cowl/seat off and look inside which u should have already done and you'll see 4 bolt heads.

UNDO them and voila easy peasy.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
yup, i just got mine done. Cake

·
Registered
72 Posts
LOL...While this is true, you dont need a dremel tool. Like they said previously, remove the four bolts inside the seat compartment, and the fender comes right off leaving only the plate light wire holding on. This is a pain in the butt, but move the wire in and out until you see the one you need moving inside the rear cowling. Unplug it. Now you will need to flip the fender over, use a drill to drill out the rivets holding in the bolts that you need, as they are held together with two curved brackets. Use those to put the eliminator kit on with the nuts you took of previously and your done. Hope I painted a clear enough picture and if you need help just let me know, it took me like10 minutes.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Why do you need to cut or drill anything???

I had my eliminator kit for my 10R sent to me from Dino... the posting is on here, he makes them and they look better than any I've seen around.

His uses stock holes, and all you have to do is cut off your connector from the abortion stock fender and wire it to the new one.

The result is a clean neat, lighted plate eliminator that looks like it came from the factory.

Check out the thread.... this is a must have for any ZX10R owner who wants to put on the plate eliminator, as well... Dino was easy to deal with, fast shipment, great price. You won't beat it.

Plate Eliminator Thread

·
Registered
444 Posts
Why do you need to cut or drill anything???

I had my eliminator kit for my 10R sent to me from Dino... the posting is on here, he makes them and they look better than any I've seen around.

His uses stock holes, and all you have to do is cut off your connector from the abortion stock fender and wire it to the new one.

The result is a clean neat, lighted plate eliminator that looks like it came from the factory.

Check out the thread.... this is a must have for any ZX10R owner who wants to put on the plate eliminator, as well... Dino was easy to deal with, fast shipment, great price. You won't beat it.

Plate Eliminator Thread
Same as me, only I bought Puig's fendor eliminator kit. Didn't come with plate light, but for 8 bucks I bought a set of LED-plate screws from 1tail.com.
And no cutting or anything. :thumbup

1 - 9 of 9 Posts