Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question about the starter clutch that may be causing my problem. Inside the starter clutch i notice that there is 3 rollers that rest in there that causes the starter clutch gear to engage. I am looking online and i notice that there is supposed to be a spring (s) that also goes in there? Mine does not have the spring (s) which makes me think thats why my flywheel not to engage fully to turn the bike over causing it to slip. My question is if there are in fact supposed to be a spring in there and if so how does it fit in there? here is a link to the parts i am talking about
http://www.bikebandit.com/houseofmotorcycles/1995-kawasaki-ninja-zx-6r-zx600f/o/m149905#sch72661

Part number 92081

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Scratch what i just said... My starter clutch does have the springs and pin, i just didnt realize that they were actually inside the starter clutch itself...So now my question is, is the spring and pin supposed to come all the way out and push against the rollers? or are the rollers supposed to be able to move back and forth?

·
Quinton Phuckin Tarantino
18,914 Posts
There should be enough pressure to hold them out otherwise they will bounce around and not engaged consistently.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok because that seems to be my problem then... The springs seem to be shot because they are not pushing out against the roller

1 - 4 of 4 Posts