Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I appreciate all you guys on here that have helped me in the past on questions I had! I have a 91 zx11 and when it runs for awhile it seems to run a little hot, and when I come to a stop, the 2 oil and gas lights comes on while I am idling and then when I start going they go off. Any suggestions???

·
Premium Member
167 Posts
I have a 93 zx11c did the same thing and was told this was ok . I put a gauge on and ck psi , had 10 - 15 at low rpm . put a new oil switch on . All is great hope this helps . Dan

·
Registered
193 Posts
look on the bottom of the engine, beside the drain plug there is a pressure relief switch, it will have a black wire and a black rubber boot on the switch, pull the switch off and make sure it is not rusted out under the boot if it is clean it and put it back on. I removed the boot all together. check out this post I had the same problem a month ago.

http://www.zxforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3834

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanx for the info, but I am not the greatest when it comes to bikes. Do I have to take off any of the fairings to get to this part? which side is it on? or is it directly underneath the bike. Sorry for being such a tard. I need like an exact location lol. Once I get to it, I can fix it. Thnx again

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
From memory, you don't need to remove any plastics but it helps if the lowers are off. Picture below should explain it better than words.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts