Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys how's everyone's Thanksgiving? Hopefully good.

I have a question about levers. So recently as some of you know I purchased a 2005 zx6r. I love it and once I'm done with it...it will be amazing. But I don't like the levers.

Right now it has shorty levers on it and well I'm not feeling the whole I gotta clutch this thing in ALL THE WAY to get it to bite. I'm used to my zx7 where I can use my last 3 fingers to clutch in.and there is still about a finger gap between the clip on and the lever itself. It's strictly a feeling thing. Would oem levers give me that feeling back?

· Registered
1993 Zx-7 L Model, 2006 ZX-10R
5,026 Posts
Hi guys how's everyone's Thanksgiving? Hopefully good.

I have a question about levers. So recently as some of you know I purchased a 2005 zx6r. I love it and once I'm done with it...it will be amazing. But I don't like the levers.

Right now it has shorty levers on it and well I'm not feeling the whole I gotta clutch this thing in ALL THE WAY to get it to bite. I'm used to my zx7 where I can use my last 3 fingers to clutch in.and there is still about a finger gap between the clip on and the lever itself. It's strictly a feeling thing. Would oem levers give me that feeling back?
Maybe? IDK. Can't comment since my 10r came with CRG shorty levers on it. Unless I'm missing something in the adjust-ability of cable clutch levers, I still think it has something to do with the zx7 having a hydraulic clutch.

7,192 Posts
It's not a ZX7R thing. You need to adjust your clutch. It's so loose you are probably dragging the clutch with it all the way in. Adjust it at the engine first, then the lever if most of the adjustment is gone at the lever.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts