Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't believe what difference a 3/4" spacer makes, but the riding position is now perfect. I had a set of Genmars (1"), but there wasn't enough slack in the brake line from the lever to the distribution block to put them on and I didn't want to swap out the lines. The shorter heli's worked great - it was a little snug but there's no pull on the line.

I took it for about a 20 mile run and wow what a difference, and you can't really tell the difference from stock..

I got three compliments at stoplights about the bike tonight, too...

·
Registered
18 Posts
fitting the Genmar riser blocks

Icarus and others who have installed the Genmars-Did you have to change brake line, clutch line, or throttle cables to fit the Genmars? Any installation tips? thanks Mort

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have the genmars, and for the brake line, I loosened and slid the lever/master IN (tword the middle), AND rotated it slightly to get the most slack.

It IS still snug; but this seems to be enough, since the distro block and the bars both rotate with each other. Ill keep an eye on the line, but I dont expect any trouble since others have run this setup with no problems.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The clutch line and throttle cables have more than enough slack for the Genmars, it's just the brake line from the radial pump down to the distribution block. Rotating the lever mount and moving it in like rod442 said should give it enough slack to put them in. Seems like KHI would have made the brake line a little longer given the slack on the clutch line - the tolerance is close enough to make it a bit of a challenge to get it off the fork tube.

·
Premium Member
13,204 Posts
OMG, you've ruined your 14. Whaddya tryin' ta do, turn it into a Connie? It's absolutely perfect (except for the pipes) just the way it comes from the factory. Do ya think you're smarter than the guys who designed it? Get a GoldWing, fer cryin' in a bucket.:rolleyes

·
Registered
773 Posts
I like my Heli's!!!!! you are correct, just that little bit of up and back is all it took to make it so much more comfortable.

·
Quinton Phuckin Tarantino
18,914 Posts
OMG, you've ruined your 14. Whaddya tryin' ta do, turn it into a Connie? It's absolutely perfect (except for the pipes) just the way it comes from the factory. Do ya think you're smarter than the guys who designed it? Get a GoldWing, fer cryin' in a bucket.:rolleyes
Feeling a bit critical today huh ?:rolleyes
wow, maturity level hit rock bottom here.
Glad you like your heli bars.
Well, that's my opinion anyway. Some people don't accept opinions here.
Yea people have the right to do with there bikes as they please . What is this Russia? Hum let's see ,oh yea its my bike and I will do as I please . Umm , oh yea it fits me better and I can ride all the way across America and into Canada without stopping with no pain etc. Insert rant here (). :rotflmao

·
Premium Member
13,204 Posts
wow, maturity level hit rock bottom here.
Well, that's my opinion anyway. Some people don't accept opinions here.
Opinions are like hemmorrhoids-every asshole's got some.:nana

A true sign of maturity is being able to take it as well as dish it out.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Some ppl are stupid on here, let the man do what he wants wit his bike, he's the one that's gonna be riding it. If u think he f,ed it up o well not ur bike so y u care so much, if u don't like what he give ur opinion, but don't insult the Guy, do u walkaroud dissin ppls rides cuz u don't like it, I'm sure u don't cuz that's an easy way to get beat up,I'm sure u feel safe at home that's y ur such a hater..

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Too funny... My 50-year-old football knees and shoulders tried to convince me that I needed a connie, but my 30 year old GF convinced me I'm still young enough for the 14...

·
Premium Member
13,204 Posts
Too funny... My 50-year-old football knees and shoulders tried to convince me that I needed a connie, but my 30 year old GF convinced me I'm still young enough for the 14...
I am the same way. I've never had a bike in my life that fit perfectly, so I've always changed them to make them fit. I buy a bike for what it does, not what it is. Then, of course, I always have to make it feel better in the process.

·
Premium Member
13,204 Posts
Some ppl are stupid on here, let the man do what he wants wit his bike, he's the one that's gonna be riding it. If u think he f,ed it up o well not ur bike so y u care so much, if u don't like what he give ur opinion, but don't insult the Guy, do u walkaroud dissin ppls rides cuz u don't like it, I'm sure u don't cuz that's an easy way to get beat up,I'm sure u feel safe at home that's y ur such a hater..
I don't know if you're talking about me or EZ, but if you've followed the list of changes I've made (4 different windscreens!) you'd know I was only kidding.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I am the same way. I've never had a bike in my life that fit perfectly, so I've always changed them to make them fit. I buy a bike for what it does, not what it is. Then, of course, I always have to make it feel better in the process.
Harley owners have a saying - "the bike is just a down payment on the accessories." I can see the 14 is going to be the same way...

·
Administrator
58,646 Posts
I have heli bars on my bike and love em and proud of it.
I don't know if you're talking about me or EZ, but if you've followed the list of changes I've made (4 different windscreens!) you'd know I was only kidding.
:dunno

·
Registered
203 Posts
Harley owners have a saying - "the bike is just a down payment on the accessories." I can see the 14 is going to be the same way...
Wow, so right, my wife and I each own our own Harleys so I know the feeling. But now it's time for my 2012 ZX14R to get some of that financial love.

·
Registered
505 Posts
heiles stacked on gemmars with 1 inch lowered buell footpegs.had to bend the brake resivor bracket and new ss front brake lines which are much better than the stock ones.works great for my 6'4" 60 year old body.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts