Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now this is just an unjust case of pure torture..

My GTR has arrived at the local dealers (Cornwall Kawasaki at Lanner):crazyloco

They have the workshop time to PDI it..:crazyloco

But the registration paperwork was sent from Kawa UK by Royal mail 1st class post and the chuffin postal workers union has called a strike this week ..

So no bike for me till the paperwork arrives.. I am not a happy puppy :angry

·
Registered
368 Posts
Don't worry Stu,,, she'll be worth the wait. :mfclap

·
Registered
228 Posts
Wont make you feel any better but I had the same issue, needed to get my insurance documents to the dealer for tax purposes....but post office strike added about a week to the process, still on a plus note it allowed me to get the garage sorted....if thats a plus note!

·
Registered
184 Posts
At least you dont have a friend calling you pretending that the bike is ready to pick up... Smile, she really is worth every minute of the wait!

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Went to see her at the daelers today so that Ronda could check out the "lady space"

She was very happy with the extra view from the higher pillion seat.

The paperwork "may" be there in the morning :) the waiting is just torture..

·
Registered
184 Posts
You could always post and ad for free chickens and pygmy goats and give their phone number Bag. Worked for me...

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Phoned again this morning and still no paperwork :angry

The only post they recieved today was posted last Tuesday , so it is starting to look like next week before I get the bike :angry

Stu..

·
Registered
46 Posts
Sorry to hear about your hold up. I was going to wait for an ABS bike but after a few days it was killing me so I picked up the dealer test bike.

It's well designed bike with little room for improvement.

·
Registered
41 Posts
At least your bike is in! I'm still waiting for my bike. They originally told me mid August, now they're telling me sometime in September. The worse part is I'm trading my ZX12 in on the Connie and don't want to ride the 12 anymore for fear of something happening to her, so I can't ride at all and have a beautiful black 12R sitting in my garage.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Finally, now go and have the time of your life, just be careful, we got some major weather coming in.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Just to beat him to the punch, I saw on the FJR boards that Bagman has his ride. I'm sure he'll tell us all about it after getting the FJR guys a bit green.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Just picked mine up yesterday and the heat is about the same as my 04 FJR (never a problem for me) and it goes away very quickly once you start moving again.

I did 80 very happy warm dry miles ,

The engine is creamy smooth and gearbox is very good.. no clunks

I did a "hard" running in before changing oil and filter at 60 miles,
And when I ran the revs up near the top the acceleration was superb with no noticable step up from the VVT....

Too early to say if its "much" more powerfull as I have not red line nailed it yet

Screen down gets the wind mid chest
screen up the wind is "Mid helmet" so is quite noisy

Handling and suspension is more planted and sportsbike firm than my FJR with hagon rear shock.
And it did give LOTS of feed back on the cobbled street leading up to my shop

The Shaft drive is a leap forward with no noticable lash at all.. v nice.

Seat position is very familiar if you sit up near the tank and more "attack sporty" if you slide yer bum to the back of the sculpted seat (then most of the helmet noise goes away as well).

Mirrors.. Hmmm .. getting used to them but they do need a small head lean to see directly behind you as the high panniers obscure that area.

No problems flat footing it at stops and easy to paddle around. (Long legs with short arms and long pockets )

Oh and the panniers swallow a FJR bag liner with lots of spare space around it.

Then I did 25 very wet miles..

The fairing offers more rain protection for feet & knees than the FJR, mid body the same on both.

Less rain protection for your hands , and I don't think that the BMW1150gs hand guards would work as it looks like they would obstruct the veiw of the mirrors.

In the rain the screen is absolute pants, you get the full force of the elements from the neck up and your shoulders get hosed as well ( very glad that my +6" +2" Cal Sci screen is now on a plane from California )

All the gadgets (Kipass, remote tyre pressure sensors, etc) work well and do what they are supposed to.

I know I am comparing a 3 year old bike to a factory fresh one but I think (that with a new screen) I have made the right choice for the things that I need the bike for.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts