Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i got my zx7r to run and it was running fine. once again it shutoff out of nowhere. so i park it. let it sit over night and go to start it in the morning and now the starter i think is taking a crap or seizing up. made a loud banging noise after turning over a few times and now wont turn over.... any ideas what could be going on??

·
Registered
252 Posts
Pop the rotor cover off and use a wrench to turn the engine over by hand and I'd bench test the starter motor before digging into the engine.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cool. ill have to give that a try on monday when i get home from the sprint car track. thanks man

·
Banned
3,608 Posts
K.I.S.S. Keep it simple stupid.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
awww thanks for the KISS lol.... yeah the battery is good. thanks everyone. hopefully this is the last issue i have for a while

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i wish it was the battery. the battery is fine:( i am going to replacing the starter here in the next couple days though. thanks guys and kitty for the info. i appreciate all the help everyone gives on here

·
Registered
252 Posts
i wish it was the battery. the battery is fine:( i am going to replacing the starter here in the next couple days though. thanks guys and kitty for the info. i appreciate all the help everyone gives on here
I was thinking by how you described it that it was something other than the battery hence why I said to turn the motor over by hand and to bench test the starter so you dont waste money on stuff you dont need.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts