Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
finally got it up last nite on my o6 zzr600..i been hella frustrated for about 3 weeks trying to pop it up..i been jus trying to pin it, but i found out i been way too high in the rpms..i was trying at like 10k..my buddy on a 06 R6 told me to do it at about 5 1/2K...thats the spot!!...got it up first time with no wobble...

first wheelie is a pretty exciting experience as im sure most of you seasoned riders know..

my TrIk list::crazyloco

standing wheelie
sitting wheelie
tank sit
cruise control, tail sit and lay back

i wanna pull a high chair eventually...:smile

·
Registered
604 Posts
Just a word of advice.........i found out that stand-up wheelies are much easier to do than sit-down's!!! IMPO......

You technicaly have more control over which way your bike goes.....

·
Registered
77 Posts
Stand ups are more controlled. That said, I still haven't done one. Sit downs were easy on my 6, and easier on my 10. Just remember, on off on.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hey bro, its been a while since i posted this, so my wheelies have gotten a lot better since then, i always throttle it...and only 1st gear..i dont think its possible to really throttle a wheelie in second on a 600...unless there are some bolt ons or something,,,,but i just leave in first and at anywhere from 3,000 to 6,000 rpms you just dump the throttle and snap it back...and you will pretty much by instinct put it back down when it gets too high...main thing is just find your right torque range...mine is 3-6 k for wheelies my buddies yami is up there around 10k....a 1000cc bike will pop it up anytime anywhere..first and second..lol

·
Registered
51 Posts
i can power up my 636 in 2nd with a little bounce.
3rd and 4th over little hillcrests too.

clutching 2nd has got to be the most fun.

·
Premium Member
4,271 Posts
power monos in 4th while overtaking are the bomb....... LOL ya gotta try it.

·
Registered
151 Posts
congrats. my boys said i looked like a ghost when i pulled my first one. I pulled it up felt like it went 12 oclock on me and put it right back down haha what a pussy i was never again been practicing my stand ups :clap

·
Registered
21 Posts
i usually get the 636 up to about 35mph let off then snap on the throttle while i am pulling back to get it up, i dont know wut rpm its at i've always went by mph but between 35-40 mph is the sweet spot in 1st gear i've only had it pop up once in 2nd... it wuz a cold day

·
Registered
8 Posts
i can rock the throttle on mine at around 5 and not pull back at all you should see the faces on other riders on 600s when i do it they think im ridin a liter bike and all i did was drop a tooth in the front oh and the shift from first to second lifts it up and i can bounce it up in 2nd at like 60-70

·
Registered
8 Posts
I lowered my bike about 2 1/2 to 3 inches overall and the only way i can get mine to pop up is in 1st gear with the clutch. sucks but i get one hell of a hole shot

1 - 11 of 11 Posts