Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When is it time to use deadly force on someone in a vehicle trying to kill you! Is it the first time they fly by you and try to clip you or the 3rd 0r 4th time they are swerving there truck at you.

So i am on my way to work and this asshole pulls up right up my ass at the light and starts getting out of control behind the wheel and he is looking all over both sides of my bike trying to look at me in the mirror while i can see him moving around and swearing for no reason. I did nothing to this asshole. So he starts yelling out the window as the light changes so i flip him the bird and burn off. End of problem right. NOT i slowed down a little because i could see the light up 4 blocks ahead wasn't changing so i was going to time it and lane split the cars in front of me to block and avoid this stupid hillbilly *******. I didn't have time to start boxing in the street and i wasn't about to stick around to see what other thing(s) he has in his truck because i carry a .45 and it would end badly. So i tried to avoid him.....First he came flying up on me and tried to hit me. Then he's is waving his fist with a cigarette in it as he is swerving into my lane trying to hit me. On the 3rd swerve he was in distance to be punched in the mouth and i tried and i missed by an inch!! He was so surprised by the fist that he almost swerved into a parked car and i thought at that moment fuck this and i blew the redlight and almost got hit doing this dumb ass maneuver thank god the zx10 has balls or id be in the hospital right now. I usually avoid cagers like the plague and avoid confrontation because i have a hot temper and i don't want to end anyone's life over traffic disputes but when is it time to use deadly force to save your own ass! I think i would have been justified to shoot!! What do you think about this. I should not have flipped him off but im not going to sit there while he talks shit like he is a hard ass.

·
Registered
4,649 Posts
#1 - You should always run a camera on your bike. What he did was worthy of Jail time for sure.

#2 - If you have a hot temper you really should get rid of your .45 .

#3 - If you would've landed that punch it would've been friggen epic! :rotflmao

I had two idiots purposely burn a red light to get in front of me. So I just looked at them in a typical condescending way as I politely squeezed by at the next light. The 2nd guy made a left turn so I couldn't teach him his lesson as I was going straight.

When I got home to my wife that evening I felt guilty. I really should just let the idiots go so I can keep coming home to my wife safely.

Remember, people are really miserable and are just lashing out all over the place. On the news this morning there were 3 seperate shootings last night. It's crazy. Folks are dealing with all kinds of stress and are prone to just do very irrational things.

Once you see someone pulling up on you like that just pull over and let him by.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Personally when you were at the first light I would have stopped the bike in lane clamly put the kickstand down then got off the bike and walked back to his driver door stretching like ur gonna get ready to woop some ass. Leaving all of ur gear on of course in casehe attempts to fight. If he gets out headbutt him with ur helmet and walk away as he's taking a dirt nap.. sorry is my suggestion not helping ur anger issues? Haha I've got the same problem as you do I hate ass holes

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
VP Whoring
14,930 Posts
Been there once or twice. My tactic is to pull away or if it seems to be getting worse I pull over, but not to let them by.. Just hoping they will stop too. They want to use the security of their cage to be tough, well I'm using the security of my gear when I whoop their ass if they do stop.

·
16,062 Posts
I wasn't there, so, I can't really say what I would/wouldn't do.
It sounds like either: you did something that set him off (which might have been something small that he shouldn't have been upset about), or, he thought you were someone else (maybe someone on another bike just did something really stupid to him), or, he was just bat shit crazy.
I may have grabbed some brake and pulled over and let him keep going.
If he stopped and came back, Then get off the bike and let him see the sidearm.
The most important part is that you ultimately decided to just get away from him and it didn't end badly.

·
VP Whoring
14,930 Posts

·
Registered
4,649 Posts
I really don't want to get shot.

I know that if I were to get shot and actually live I'd be very tempted to seek vengeance regardless of the consequences.

So the best policy is to avoid conflict altogether. Just let the aggressive people go by and there's harmony in the universe.

·
VP Whoring
14,930 Posts
I really don't want to get shot.

I know that if I were to get shot and actually live I'd be very tempted to seek vengeance regardless of the consequences.

So the best policy is to avoid conflict altogether. Just let the aggressive people go by and there's harmony in the universe.
Haha. Try to avoid conflict out here, people will shoot you just for NOT talking trash back. Everyone wants to be a gangster nowadays.

·
Premium Member
3,530 Posts
Once you see someone pulling up on you like that just pull over and let him by.
^^^ This.

However, if I were trying to evade an angry motorist and they intentionally ran over my bike, continued to try to do so, or showed intent to seriously harm or kill me without being provoked, I'd probably draw and fire unless I could find some other way to escape.

My reason is, at the point that they begin to use their vehicle as a deadly weapon, I have the right to use deadly force as well. Someone trying to run me over with their car is the same as someone pulling a gun/knife/etc on me in my eyes.

I've only been riding for a little over three years and I've honestly never had a problem with other motorists yelling, screaming, or intentionally trying to harm me... But, then again, when I'm in close proximity to other motorists, I don't ride like I'm askin' for it. Like this guy did -

·
Registered
4,649 Posts
My reason is, at the point that they begin to use their vehicle as a deadly weapon, I have the right to use deadly force as well. Someone trying to run me over with their car is the same as someone pulling a gun/knife/etc on me in my eyes.

The problem is that you would have to prove this in court which is why you should be running a camera (helmet and rearview preferrably) at all times.

·
VP Whoring
14,930 Posts
From now on I require one cage to follow us during a ride. That way if a cager gets a little pissy we can call up the silverado tailing us to intervene. See if they like metal against their plastic.

·
Registered
4,649 Posts

·
Registered
4,649 Posts
What happened to the good old days when things got settled by the purity of unarmed combat? lol

·
Premium Member
6,604 Posts

·
Registered
4,009 Posts
Shooting an unarmed person is the most cowardly thing a person could ever do.

They may get over with human law but they'll have to answer to God (No offense to any Atheists).
but they are armed with a vehicle, you don't need to shoot someone to kill them, all you need to do is swerve and make them loose control, that's assault with a deadly weapon, if I'm not mistaken and you do have the right to defend yourself, but in order to prove you are defending yourself always shoot from the front... never from the side or the back :rolleyes

·
Registered
4,649 Posts
but they are armed with a vehicle, you don't need to shoot someone to kill them, all you need to do is swerve and make them loose control, that's assault with a deadly weapon, if I'm not mistaken and you do have the right to defend yourself, but in order to prove you are defending yourself always shoot from the front... never from the side or the back :rolleyes
Agreed. I was referring to cagers shooting bikers in those links posted earlier.

·
Registered
4,009 Posts

·
Registered
729 Posts
It would be better to shoot him and his license plate with a camera phone, and then turn it over to the authorities.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts