Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just finished cleaning it up and I had a proud moment

What is everyone doing with the rear brake line?

I just thought this one looked neat with the glossy light

My $70 FE kit

:smile :bling

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I knew someone was going to comment on that. It's not bad considering I only have 350 miles on it.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
considering it only has 350 miles on it I would say it has been polished about 7times with Honda Cleaner/Polish. So it better dang well be showroom new and GREEN! Yes, I am a little anal about being CLEAN & GREEN

·
Registered
234 Posts
There are two things you can do with the rear brake reservoir.

The first is to stick it up under the seat bolted to the bolt that holds the seat on the right hand side. That doesn't require any cutting of the hose or anything, you just have to stick it up in there and bolt it down. I couldn't figure out a way to squish it in there (I must have been stupid that day or something).

The second thing is to move the brake reservoir from the upper holes to the lower holes where the bracket holds the brake line in stock form. You can cut the lower part of the reservoir bracket off and drill a new hole in it and then mount that to the holes that are left when you remove the hose bracket. Then you can put the other part of the reservoir bracket (with the fairing mount) back in the stock spot so it can still mount the fairing.

I did the 2nd but I cut up the hose bracket instead of the reservoir bracket (more adjustability that way):

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
There are two things you can do with the rear brake reservoir.

The first is to stick it up under the seat bolted to the bolt that holds the seat on the right hand side. That doesn't require any cutting of the hose or anything, you just have to stick it up in there and bolt it down. I couldn't figure out a way to squish it in there (I must have been stupid that day or something).

The second thing is to move the brake reservoir from the upper holes to the lower holes where the bracket holds the brake line in stock form. You can cut the lower part of the reservoir bracket off and drill a new hole in it and then mount that to the holes that are left when you remove the hose bracket. Then you can put the other part of the reservoir bracket (with the fairing mount) back in the stock spot so it can still mount the fairing.

I did the 2nd but I cut up the hose bracket instead of the reservoir bracket (more adjustability that way):

Phobos512 - Thanks for that picture. I like the looks of it. That just may be a little project today.

My $70 comment is just a joke. Dang computers, don't communicate sarcasm very well:banghead . It didn't cost me a cent. I looked in the maintenance dept. at work and found the piece of aluminum. Badabing badaboom! I still have $70 bucks in my pocket.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
first is to stick it up under the seat][/QUOTE]

I had to remove this and post again sortof in refference to a previous post about being anal.:rotflmao

1 - 11 of 11 Posts