Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all , what is the best protective film for tank sides ( knee's ) and seat end of tank ? I have notice that the steel button on my jacket is starting to rub against the tank and scuff marks from leathers at knee points ..

cheers Holma ..

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi I'm getting Ventura tape on mine this week its made by 3m and is clear have had the same stuff on my ford XR6 turbo on the bonnet bumper lights and rear view mirrors and there are no stone chips . You can polish it as well.

·
Registered
215 Posts
PreCut?

Is that stuff precut to fit our motorcycles?:headscratch I used lite skinz precut once found them great, probably same 3M stuff.:thefinger

·
Registered
90 Posts
Finland is lucky! I would love to have a set of those.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Tank Protection

:smile I just bought a Magknight tank protector. It is color matched to the 2008 silver Concours. When I get it, I'll post some pictures. I have one on my zx14 and it works great. It is kind of expensive at $116 shipped but it beats repainting a gas tank. Here's a link, http://www.mag-knight.com/

·
Registered
215 Posts
I hear

I hear those kawasaki ones will be in Australia in October:clap

·
Registered
32 Posts
Trouble with those pads they are to small and my paint is showing rub marks lower on the plastic fairings so will stay with the 3m tape I'm getting down on friday. But they sure do look good.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Hi I'm getting Ventura tape on mine this week its made by 3m and is clear have had the same stuff on my ford XR6 turbo on the bonnet bumper lights and rear view mirrors and there are no stone chips . You can polish it as well.
Biggy, I have looked at the Ventura tape which is available here in the UK from Demon Tweeks. It looks the biz. The GTR option tape seems to only cover the side cases. This tape can be used to protect any part you want. Is it a PITA to cut out and stick on. Do you use washing up liquid to assist it?

I will also be getting the tank pads as they are really cool.

I think they are all due out here in the UK mid to late September.

·
Registered
121 Posts
KMSA advised that the tankpads will be available withing 2 weeks, ordered myself one, saw it on the launch bikes, looks great.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Well had the venture tape fitted yesterday and there is a kit available for the GTR , the guy I went to actually did a few more pieces for my bike like the front and top of the bags and on the front fender were it fairs out in front of the forks all up $345 fitted and about 3 hours work. Also did the panels on the fairing were ones knees and legs rub below the tank. The tape is cut on a computer guided machine and they use water with johnsons baby shampoo too apply the film. The place in Sydney is called Ozicozi.

·
Registered
13 Posts
The Tank Slapper

I had this product installed on my bike last Saturday by the owner of the company here in Escondido California.

http://www.thetankslapper.biz/

His name is Lucas and if you call the phone number on the web site he usually is the one answering the phone.

He is selling a kit that for the GTR1400, which he used my bike to model his kit...

There are two different materials that he sells for our bikes. Tank slapper material which is less permanent and 3M tape which is more permanent and durable.

I had 3M installed on the front and sides of the front fender, the top of the tank, the top and fronts of the saddle bags and the fronts of the mirrors. I had the tank slapper material applied to the knees areas, headlights and front fairing around the headlights.

All of the material used is clear and once installed you cannot see it. You can feel edges but that's it. I am very pleased with this extra little bit of insurance on the bike to resist scrapes and scratches.

The cost in US dollars was $90 including installation. The installation did not appear to be easy. You have to have patience and watch his installation video from his site before you install yourself.

I highly recommend this product. If you call him mention "Steve and the '08 Concourse14". I am in no way associated nor do I profit from his product/business but the stuff works and is invisible!

·
Registered
199 Posts
I have dealt with Lucas for a number of years and have always been very pleased with the service and the product.

Btw:the static cling material is very easy to apply.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts