Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I stumbled across this website, and it had some pretty graphic pictures of a guy who had crashed.. who wasn't wearing some decent protective clothing... so use your brain before getting onto your bike, thinking 'ahhh, I'll look cool in just my jeans and a t-shirt'

http://www.cmyoung.com/bikewreck.html#Caution

in the words of the man with the pointy ears....
live long.. and prosper...

emphasis on LIVE LONG!

ride well...

J.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Just wanted to add... why not put up some places that you recommend for decent clothing, also where the best deals are around where you are from ?

I am wearing a cordura 2 piece in the avatar, and recently bought myself a Lewis leather jacket, which has full armour, great fitting jacket, to go with my cordura pants which also have full armour, I will no doubt in the near future, purchase some leather pants...

also... for those out there that are feeling the heat?, I bought some pro-skin gear, tight fitting material that you wear below your gear, and it reaaallly works... I am glad I spent the £45.00 for that.... www.kawasaki-newcastle.co.uk, set of decent people work there. :thumbup

·
Registered
275 Posts
i just picked up a joe rocket kawasaki jacket for $200 from the dealer i bought my bike from

·
Registered
101 Posts
....and wear a helmet evn if the law doesn't require it.

When I was instructing we (the instructors) would often ride at the school without helmets. Until one of us hit a telegraph pole at sub 30mph that was. My friend was in a coma for 2 weeks and was lucky not to suffer long term brain damage but it took 8 months for him to get right.

Be careful out there!

·
Registered
78 Posts
It amazes me the number of people who ride without gear.

I would never consider a track day without full gear and that's a controlled environment. The street is one dangerous place and not wearing gear just adds to the risk.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I went down a couple years ago, and if i wasnt wearing my jacket and jeans i would have looked just like that guy. Here in Florida i know its hot right now but i see guys riding with shorts and a t-shirt on a daily basis, all i can do is shake my head. Probably half of crashes you could walk away from with decent gear.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Richmond Motosports on ebay has some really good deals and the guys were super helpful. Check them out I got a alpinestars smk jacket for 300 shipped.

·
Registered
228 Posts
As a big person, I currently don't wear leather trousers, but i do wear a armoured jacket and gloves, as well as strong boots, getting leathers if your not the normal shape is a right pain, but having seen this website i'm guessing not as much pain as not wearing them!

Starts looking to get leathers custom made!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts