Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks to everyone who chimed in on my clutch thread(s). You guys and girl are awesome. A special thanks to Bullitt for suggesting I measure the separator plate thickness. That was totally the problem. The old plates measured 2.3 and the new ones in the kit measured 2.0 even though EBC claims that their kit (and I'm quoting here) "rebuilds clutch to exact and correct stack height" I called BS on that one and so far they have not returned any of my emails at EBC and do not provide a contact phone number on their web site. So I put the old separator plates back in after checking for warpage and scoring. Also I checked the friction plate thickness just out of curiosity and they both measured 2.0 :headscratch anyways, with the old separator plates, new friction plates, new stiffer springs, rebuilt master and slave cylinders she's back on the road and the clutch feels great. Thanks again everyone.

·
Administrator
58,566 Posts
nice to hear the positive comments
Thank you.
Some people say the traffic is light here and some people don't always get the answer they're looking for but I see a good bunch of guys/gals that help out any way they can.
glad it worked out for you.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Fantastic news!

Not sure why EBC would recommend all 7 steels @ 2.0mm even the full slipper configuration is 2 X 2.3mm and 5 X 2.0mm.

Are you using the EBC springs? The clutch lever feel is ok using those if you are?

Josh

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I measured the springs as well and they are a little longer than the old ones making for a slightly stiffer pull but it feels good.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
That's good. I remember EBC springs from times past (maybe 1999/2000) and they were a biotch on the left hand. Switched to 3 stock and 3 EBC and it was much better.

Then found some Kawasaki KIT "WHITE" springs and it was much better.

Josh

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I should say it felt good on the test ride. we'll see this week after i get stuck in traffic for the first time commuting to work.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts