Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi

I have rust inside the fuel tank, i have drain the tank and out are going small pieces of rust, now i hear that phosphoric acid is good for cleaning the rust or acetic acid, i am thinking to put coca cola inside beacuse it contains phosphoric acid.

Any other suggestion how to clean the rust, thanks

·
Premium Member
2,235 Posts
Cider vinegar for 2-3 days, swishing it around a few times per day. Dump that out and put distilled water and baking soda solution in and swish around a few times. Dump this out as well and blow out with compressed air. Final rinse with a little bit of fuel. Done a few this way with good results.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Power wash it on the inside, two or three gallons of white vinegar (fill up with distilled water) give a few days (the more the better) power wash it again to clean it up, apply a bit of wd 40 to avoid corrosion on the tank and you're golden

·
Registered
14 Posts
hi

I have rust inside the fuel tank, i have drain the tank and out are going small pieces of rust, now i hear that phosphoric acid is good for cleaning the rust or acetic acid, i am thinking to put coca cola inside beacuse it contains phosphoric acid.

Any other suggestion how to clean the rust, thanks
I have a good fuel tank to or sale if ya can't get it cleaned up

·
Registered
317 Posts
Evaporust or similar after a power wash. Vinegar does not do much from my experience. If you have flaking you've got some pretty good rust and may need to POR15 the tank afterward. Follow the directions or you will have issues.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts