Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello all am new at this forum i actually just found it haha, but ive been tryin to find my self a 600 ninja and i happend to come across a friend who owns a 600 zzr and i cheked it out today and i found out that he had crashed into a bush or someting like that its just mostly cosmetic stuff that has gone wrong with it, and 1 lil dent on the gas tank so i tought it wasnt bad at all, so he told me that he hasnt started the bike in 2 years, i brought some starter cables hooked it up to the bikes battery turned the ignition and it had electricity soo i put the bike in neutral and i tried starting it up andd it wouldnt not start at all the engine just revs and revs and thats about it, so since am not an expert at fixing bike or anything like that am wondering if any1 here would know the cause of that problem. the bike is a 2005 and it has 6,000 miles on it

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Please forgive me for asking the stupid question but was there fresh gas in the bike? (no old gas in the carbs even if he did drain the tank) Was the fuel valve set to anything but "OFF"? Choked the bike on startup?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the fuel switch was switched to on, there was old gas in the tank( should i have drained it all and put in new 1?) and yeah i choked the bike on start up as well and it didnt work.

·
Registered
517 Posts
With your admitted lack of mechanicing skills, this may be a bike you should just pass on, if you haven't already bought it. Is there any rust in the fuel tank? Having sat for 2 years, the carbs are more than likely all gunked up and need a good cleaning and syncronizing. Check with a local shop to see what that would cost you, then decide if you want that bike or not. Also no guarantee that will fix it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thx for the input, yeah i passed on it i had 1 of my friends to go check it out with me and he also said it wasnt worth geting it at all. thanks again

1 - 5 of 5 Posts