Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys!

FNG here on the forum.. I've been looking at some ZX-9Rs recently (C series) and found a nice '99 at a very good price. The only thing that kept me from picking it up instantly was that when I pushed the MODE button on the gauge to change from Clock to Mileage, nothing happened. It doesn't seem to work. I *really* want to make sure the guy is telling the truth about how many miles.

The guy had the bike apart recently, and I'm curious to see if it would be a wiring thing, or would it just be the switch itself? Maybe it needs to be taken apart and clean the contacts on the switch?

Also, would the mileage of the bike be stored in the gauge itself? Or is it in a "black box" elsewhere on the bike? ie: I switch the gauge cluster, and the mileage would stay the same? Or would it become that of the "new" cluster?

Thanks for all answers in advance.. I'd really like to pick this bike up soon... While the weather is nice! :)

·
Registered
236 Posts
all the info is stored on the speedo it self,just look at the bike real good if the bike has low mileage it will show it...good luck

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is there a way to check the mileage of a '99 ZX-9R if the MODE button is broken? Is there a Kawasaki Tool for this to verify? If anyone knows for sure, I'd be very happy to hear, cause I gotta phone the seller back pretty quickly.

Thanks in advance!

Marty

·
Registered
236 Posts
not on my bike .same year 98 - 99

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, I dumped that bike. Found a mint '99 for the same price :) Had a lot of fun driving back from Montreal! Can't get enough of her.. Just wish it would stop raining now....

·
Registered
236 Posts
post up some pics....

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry about the wait. The weather has been very nice recently, as well as a return to work after vacation :p
Guess I have to pay to play ;) These are while at the dealer. Still have to take pics of it in my driveway!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts