Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Road a 100 mile round trip 2 weeks ago and then last Mon. 10/30 Started the bike up to go to work and got 2 blocks from the house, bike lost power and then died. Never got it started again. Pushed it home. Checked all fuses, connections in the trunk and under the seat. Everything looks fine. Well I'm checking it out again today and notice that after I try and start it after turning on the power, the FI light comes on and stays on. I'm not sure if it normally does this after a failed fisrt start or becasue there really is a problem with the FI. Need help please.

Now you need to know what bike. Completely bone stock, 06' ZX-6R.

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
well got it fix yesturday. the gas tank was full of water. 2 weeks ago and wind blew my bike cover off and it rained that weekend. The dealer told me that water in fuel problems were not covered by the warenty. I said the bike should be able to withstand being rained on and not leak water into the fuel tank. They said that the fuel filler styles our sport bikes have are prone to leaking because the filler neck is below the line of the gas tank. what bull crap. so does that mean if i ride my bike to work and it gets rained on while at work and i can't drive it home because water got into the fuel tank, i'm just screwed and get screwed out of another shop bill. i am furious. what hould i do?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts