Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to this forum and had a question regarding installing an HID kit for my 2000 ZX9R.
Me and my buddy were installing my HID kit but forgot to to connect the main power line before cranking up the bike. After connecting it for a split second the HIDs came on but went off after we had connected the main power line while the bike was on. Ive tried using another slim ballast, didnt work. Ive tried using the OEM bulbs, didnt work. Ive checked for blown fuses, none are blown. Can someone please let me know whats going on or what i should check for?
Thanks

·
Premium Member
11,231 Posts
Well, if none of the fuses are blown, everything is hooked up correctly, and you have tried known good ballasts...

Then there is nothing wrong and your lights work fine.

So obviously something in that list is messed up. Pull it all out, test the setup "on the bench" by applying power to the correct places and see if it works. Obviously do be very careful if the bulb is just sitting on the desk.

Once you establish that the lights actually work, then carefully reinstall everything.

I hope you didn't try sticking the OEM bulbs to the ballast. If the OEM bulbs don't work in the STOCK HARNESS, then your fuse is popped.

Just because the fuse looks good, does not mean that it is. You must always continuity check fuses to be sure.

Use a test light. Try the fuses before doing anything I said above.

·
Registered
194 Posts
even if the ballast is jacked up the light will flicker did u properly ground it out ? could be a loose connection (other than a fuse deff check fuses first

1 - 3 of 3 Posts