Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wow i almost lost it today!!!! cruising down the road at 60mph, and the bike started to slip and slide all over the road. looked in my mirror and seen a massive oil slick my bike was leaking!!! i instantly shut my bike off and coasted to a stop to find my oil drain plug had vibrated out. walked back down the road and found my plug in the road. now im a firm believer in pre trip inspections and maybe some saftey wire. the wierd part is i no i put that plug on nice and tight.

·
Premium Member
3,675 Posts
Maybe some pipe dope would help. I always check my bike out before I leave any where

To some people its a rocket.
To others it's freedom. (zx9r)

·
Premium Member
3,675 Posts
Glad you caught it fast. She okay?

To some people its a rocket.
To others it's freedom. (zx9r)

·
Registered
4,649 Posts
Glad you caught it in time. That could've been catastrophic for your safety and your motor.

I don't know what it is about ZX-7Rs that bolts always vibrate out. Newer bikes don't have this problem so much. I think my bike is due for an inspection as well.

·
Registered
78 Posts
2nd the new washer, when putting the sump plug in always replace the copper washer, it crushes down to stop the plug vibrating out.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i did catch it in time didnt hurt the motor reinstallled the plug and new oil and all is well. i didnt know you were sposed to change the washer but it makes sense.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts