Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I rebuilt my top end including new pistons rings and rehoned cylinders..Im currently using conventional oil for break in period..got a new full clutch kit not installed..I'm waiting to install it when I switch to synthetic oil (after break in peiod)
should I be pre soaking the clutch plates in synthetic oil while its waiting for install?? the instructions say you dont need to presoak..but any opinions??

·
Premium Member
11,231 Posts
You really don't need to presoak, you only need to wet them so they don't stick together the first time you start it. And even then, you don't absolutely need to do that either, but there is always that odd chance that they will stick the first time you fire it up and put your bike through the garage wall.

Best thing to do is get a small pan, put some oil in it, and then drop the clutch parts in.

Then start taking everything apart. By the time you are ready for the new parts, they are way more than ready to be put in.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ahh gotcha..sounds good..I havent done a clutch swap before so I wanted to be on the safe side from wasting 200+ dollars

1 - 3 of 3 Posts