Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Almost a year to the day and 4000 miles and the new replaced brake discs are SEVERLY warped again .7 and .8 run out. Replacement is .2.

Kawasaki's response. We'll replace them for half price. Almost 500 quid

Bloody ridiculous. Contact trading standards who confirmed they are clearly not fit for purpose and they need repairing or replacing free of charge. But interesting enough I have to go after the dealers and not Kawasaki as the dealer supplied the product. That's a bit of a shame because the dealers are really good and indeed they agree with me about the discs. Penned an email to Kawasaki today quoting legal obligations , trading standards etc. so just waiting to see what happens. Tell you one thing for certain thou. I won't be paying a penny. Bikes off the road now because it's dangerous to ride. Really Glad I bought it now. mr Kawasaki if you rearing this. I will never buy another Kawasaki. Not because of the bike. I really rather like it. But because of you're rally shit customer service. It's absolutely shocking.

SP

·
Registered
242 Posts
Check the wheel bearings, this happened to me as well. They were willing to cover it under warranty but it was discovered that my bearings were worn and this caused the discs to warp.

I also have the consumer agency in Ireland on to them at the moment as well. The reason, I bought mine brand new in 08, 23 months later the axel bracket had to be replaced because of a fault. 18 months after it was replaced the same fault has occurred on the new bracket. They won't entertain a warranty claim because they said the BIKE is out of warranty. I've basically told them to fuck themselves, yes the bike is out of warranty but the new part ISN'T.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Check the wheel bearings, this happened to me as well. They were willing to cover it under warranty but it was discovered that my bearings were worn and this caused the discs to warp.

I also have the consumer agency in Ireland on to them at the moment as well. The reason, I bought mine brand new in 08, 23 months later the axel bracket had to be replaced because of a fault. 18 months after it was replaced the same fault has occurred on the new bracket. They won't entertain a warranty claim because they said the BIKE is out of warranty. I've basically told them to fuck themselves, yes the bike is out of warranty but the new part ISN'T.

Hiya mate

Got them to check the wheel bearings when they checked the discs and they are fine. Got a call today from my dealer and they are willing to change the discs and pads free of charge for me and they will argue with Kawasaki. How about that for service. Can't argue with that can you. They are going to put on the new 2012 discs which apparently updated and a slightly different type. Spose we will see how we get on. Great result so quickly thou. :)

The way the warranty works over here is that when a new part is put on the bike it's covered by the original warranty. A new one for that part doesn't start when the parts fitted. If you see what I mean.
SP

·
Registered
517 Posts
Would still like to know if you get a responce from Kawasaki. Sounds like you have got a dealer willing to go to bat for you. That's good.

·
Registered
242 Posts
That's a great outcome for you SP. That's a weird way your warranty works over there. Over here you get a warranty on the new part fitted.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Would still like to know if you get a responce from Kawasaki. Sounds like you have got a dealer willing to go to bat for you. That's good.

Response from Kawasaki recieved. Basically, they have spoken to my dealer and as I have agreed to what the dealer has offered then that's the end of the matter as far as they are concerned. Untill these new ones warp ( I really hope they dont). But if they do. I'll be firing with both barrels :)

SP

·
Registered
517 Posts
Well I'm glad you're getting your bike fixed free of charge. Hope the new parts wear at a normal rate. Thanks for letting me know what Kawasaki had to say about the matter.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts