Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does a power commander really do alot for the bike? I mean really...... this bike is super fast at stock. How much difference do you see with a PC. If it is the shiznit than i will buy one. but i dont want to waste my money!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
184 Posts
With the right map,it will bring your bike to running the correct air/gas mixture.
Kawi has set the bike up to running lean to comply with US emmission standards,especially to Cali emmissions.
The pc corrects it,and gives you the most bang with your bike,doing what it's set-up to do.
Now if you want to adjust your timing,your need to look at a TRE.Timing Retarder Eliminator.Kawi retards the timing from 1st to 4th gears to make the bike powerband more manageable.With the TRE it unrestricts the retarded or restricted timing.
PC=$350.00(several pc makers-Dyno-jet for one)
TRE=$60.00(Ivans Performance)
So theres several ways you can get the most with what you have,without spending a bunch for what you might want!

·
Registered
443 Posts
do you have to change your exhaust befor you install a power commander?
No. The bike can be optimized in stock or with various modifications. You'll need to load a different map if you change your exahust. The PC website has a list of some available maps to use with various modifications on the bike (mostly different exhausts options). The maps are OK in general but of course all bikes are different and the ideal of course is to have your bike professionally tuned after your modifications, it'll cause you some $$$ though.

·
Registered
437 Posts
There is no point in installing a PCIII unless you have swapped the exhausts. The bike is set up correctly as standard, as soon as you add an exhaust or air filters etc, then you may want to think about getting a PCIII as the fuel and air ratios will be a little different to a stock system.

I know lots of people that have swapped out exhausts and not bothered with a PCIII (like me, have the carbon Akros) as they are not needed IMO

Unless your racing and are try to squeeze every last bit of BHP out of your 10 i would bother unless you can hear that the mix is out :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts