Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there !
Could you please inform me on
a) how (on which areas) will the ZX12 be benefitted from Power Commander ?
b) regarding installation is it a do-it-yourself or is some qualified enginneer required ?
c) tuning/Programming is done via laptop/USB connection ?
where are various setup and configuration schemes are found ? Is there a source other than the provided CD ?

Well, I always wanted to know a few things about PCIII (isn't this the latest version?) Can somebody throw me little light on this ?

Thanks folks...:headscratch

·
Registered
4 Posts
PCIII USB is the latest version. My son and I just installed one on his CBR1100. The Honda is a lot more work because you have to wire each injector, but it took us two hours. The ZX12 model plugs inline with the EMC.
With no other modifications the PCIII will correct the lean factory settings in the low and midrange (less surge, pick up better off idle, and run smoother at normal speeds).
All the maps and instructions are on the Power Commander web site.
Two things we ran into were the CD would not load on my son’s computer, but it would on mine. Both are less than two years old and run Windows XP and the supplied USB cable was bad, that caused some head scratching.
My son is very happy with the unit. I will be getting one as soon as I can save up for a full exhaust system for my 03 ZX12R

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm installing a PC IIIusb right now on my zx-6rr (05). It is very easy, albeit I'm having a bit of a challenge yanking off the stock connectors.

The software allows virtually limitless modifications to any of the plethora of maps available online. Dynojet reccommends taking your bike to one of their qualified shops with one of their dynometers for performing this level of custom mapping. All the same the down loaded map will be a big step in the right direction.

Bottom line, it's easy to install, many maps are available, and map tweaking is an option.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts